MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I would like to talk to someone who has already been to Phillip Island circuit during the MotoGP races. I am planning to visit Australia for 2007 moto GP and then move to Malaysia GP as well.

This is my plan at the early stage of preparation; It would be great to speak to forum members in Australia who could give me some advise on Hotels where to stay in the area, flight connections from Sydney and so on.

About Malaysia; I am not clear if there is any forum member there or maybe someone who has already been there.

This is an idea that has been in my head for a long time, because I have been to Jerez GP in several ocassions but this time I want to make it special and make use of holidays to visit Australia and Malaysia (and at same time 2 motoGP races...what else can I ask???) :highclap: :)

regards
ZAR

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
You will need to get onto the Phillip Island website,as accomodation will be very scarce on the Island at this late time.www.phillipislandcircuit.com.au
The other way to do it is camp...You can camp trackside for very little outlay.
Look up the city of Melbourne website for accomodation,hire cars etc.
Let us know how things go,it would be good to see you there.
Keep asking questions as there may be answers to all of them.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
We went in 2005... got a camper in Melbourne, drove down and camped in the highside campground... THE way to do it IMO... top weekend, beer bikes and the best Moto GP circuit on this planet.... Just do it you will not reget it.... :f4: :f4:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Zar,

Phillip Island is about a 2 hour drive from Melbourne airport. There are shuttle buses but driving is easy. The whole Island gets in the mood of the bikes so it is a great weekend, and you will see the stars in town on Friday night and Saturday and partying on Sunday.
You have 3 options for accomodation. You can camp at the circuit. You can rent a house (as many people leave for the weekend) or you can get a hotel (they are small ones) so best to book early.
There are many options for tickets. There is general admission where you can wander around the circuit to different points. Yoiu can get Bar SBK tickets which let you in to the many bars around the circuit. You can get grandstand tickets (Gardner straight is best), and there are many special tickets where you can do a pit walk for example. There are special Marquees where you can be stationed inside the track, and it is fully catered, so you have a choice.
There is large video screens around the circuit so you won't miss anything.
One thing though the Island is way down south, next stop is Antartica, so the weather can change hourly. Be prepared for very hot, to very cold (and wet). That is why I choose a covered area ticket just in case.

As for Malaysia, the Sepang circuit is very near the Kuala Lumpur airport, there is easy taxis and a number of large international hotels. It is allways hot and humid so be prepared. If you want to visit the city it is about 2 hours away, so best to stay at the circuit.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
also check with Phillip Island ride days as there is sometimes a track day post GP. They can provide bike (Suzuki 600) helmet, gloves, leathers, boots etc for a fee. If you are here you may as well go the extra and play at the Island

1 - 5 of 5 Posts