Discussion Starter #1
oh dear my brothers.... I've had a violent divorce from the Brutale :(

Finally managed to get onto a PC to post the message

4 Broken bones in my foot
2 dislocated toes
3 fractures in my thumb
2 fractures in my collarbone

...and 1 very busted Brutale

I dont remember the accident, but do remember the merging manouver I intended to make. I was coming on the motorway via a high speed merge lane and a slower car was in front of me. I intended to overtake the car as the on-ramp merged with the motorway and that's the last thing I rememeber. :shitfan: Witnesses have told the police that the bike was in a violent tank slapper manouver at about 100kmh :wtf::wtf::wtf:

Arrived home from hospital a few days ago after surgery to my hand to insert a T-bar into my thumb and a plate into shoulder.

Resting up and starting the mending the process....but I think the Brutale is no more :( ....she'll be missed :violin:

Will try to get some pics up in the next week or so.

Cheers
Tim

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Dang Tim.
It's great to hear that you are relatively OK but that is a long list of snaps, crackles & pops.
Take the time that you now need to get yourself right.
I wish you a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Tim, sorry about the crash and glad the injuries weren't any worse.

Too bad about the Brutie but at least she can be replaced.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Wow...that sounds like a fairly 'big one'..sorry to hear that. Glad however that you can 'still' tell us about it.
Pity about the bike....but you can 'get another'.
Heal well.
Brian.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Glad to hear you are fairly OK. Could of been worse.

Since you are OK
Did you ask for titanium bolts?
Get a F4 next time, they are designed to go over 100Kmh:stickpoke

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Don't care about the bike, do care about you. Hope your recovery is quick.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you my brothers.

speedy recoveries is what I do best (I hope ;-))

cheers
Tim

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Aah Fuck Tim, not good man, not good at all. I hope you get better soon man, and make a full recovery right onto a B3 800 or something like that.
So very glad to hear you are okay man.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Glad you are ok to write for us, Speeeeeedy Recovery Tim

What happen to our MV members this year? Tim, Me and other person I can not recall his name off the bike this year, Slow down all MV members.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
:jsm: Glad you're OK ! - relatively anyway ! :stickpoke:)

Unless you're a rider, would a car driver know what a 'tank slap' is?:stickpoke

And if you were merging and the car was in front, surely there is something missing....did the car in front NOT see you and merged into you ?

Were other cars on the freeway not giving way?

Times like these, maybe you needed a GoPro or some other camera which would have shown the details...or maybe not...

It's also not always about speed - a car went through an obvious red light the other day and missed me by one foot - he blatantly went through red at 80 km/h (the other cars in the other lanes were correctly stopped for about 25 seconds). If I didn't look to the right, out of habit and safety and apply the emergency brakes, I would 100% be another fatality.:jsm::eek:nthecan:

Scared the absolute crap out of me...and the driver was looking at his mobile phone! :thewife::banghead::bandit:

Take care and ride safe everyone.

P.S. Boof was the MV member we lost a couple of weeks ago.

·
Super Moderator
22,606 Posts
Sounds like you've been a lucky boy....the gear did its job, too!
Heal well and good!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Bugger Mate,
Coming off your bike sucks, heal well,take care. One word for you, "Guiness" and lots of it .
Cus

·
Registered
654 Posts
What a shitty thing to happen, but really pleased to know that you're on the mend. Hope you're back on two wheels soon, and hopefully still on an MV!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts