MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cleaning and waxing my brute today I came upon a surprise. As I assumed before, my bike does have a custom paint job, there are faint signs, although whoever did it did do a pretty good job. Anyways the thing is around the scratch pad thingy on the tank there are two very tiny lines of blue paint. What I am curious of is if there is a way to find out if the owner before me painted a brutale america. So is there a way to find out what color the bike was originally?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
The story is that your bike was purchased in Italy and shipped here with its owner. The owner never rode it much and asked his brother in law to help him sell it.

Am I right so far?

I think the only Brutales that had blue paint at all were the America and the Italia.

I don't think there is any way to tell from the vin if the bike was originally an America or Italia.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I don't know about the Italia, but as I understand, the America was a kit applicable to any Brutie. All Americas started as a different color bike. Am I right?

·
Registered
148 Posts
The Italia is based on the 910r, and also has a blue rocker cover. They weren't actually a kit like the America. I believe like Randy, that Americas started as a different color bike. I think there has been a kit advertised on here previously for the America?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright then, i guess i'll stop wondering and nd just keep riding, can't go back now, and yes cag, you are correct

1 - 5 of 5 Posts