MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to determine what the manufacturing date of a F4 via the VIN number?

Mine just states the year of manufacture on my registration renewal and not the month?

I need to give them both month and year so I can renew my registration.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
19,855 Posts
The month is not part of the VIN. Digits after the year marker (10th digit or letter) are the production sequence number (actual "serial" number). Only the manufacturer knows what month the vehicle was produced based on production records. This info is occasionally provided to importers in transfer documents, but not always.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Guy's I am new to this forum, After a long time dreaming bought a 2007 new F4. I had some suspicions about the true build date as there is a sticker under the seat with Nov 2006 and a lot number(?). My 10th digit is a seven, so it should be alright then.
Regards

·
Administrator
19,855 Posts
A quick note on manufacturing of motorcycles, and cars and other stuff....much of the production of a given year will be done in the prior year. Hence the availability of 2010 models now.

So if you find a production sticker saying Nov 2006 on your 2007 model, that would make sense.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The sticker on the seat probably refers to the date the seat base was made, this is often moulded into plastic parts. It would probably have been made by an outside contractor, so by the time it gets to MV and makes it on to the production line it could well have been 07.

My 07 Brutale 910R has moulded in dates on the bottom of both half of the seat, the front part was made in March 04 and the rear half was June 04 but there is no way the bike was made back then. The parts will just have been ordered in bulk and then sat in the stores at MV until it was time to make them up and put them on a bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts