MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,085 Posts
Noel, thermistors are also used in level sensing...or more properly, moisture sensing. They detect a temperature change when they get wet...or, when they dry out.

We use them in the Nuclear Industry for level detection:

"When a thermistor is used in a circuit where the power dissipated within the device is sufficient to cause "self heating", the thermistor's body temperature will be dependent upon the thermal conductivity of its environment as well as its temperature. Thermistors are "self heated" for use in application such as liquid level detection, air flow detection and thermal conductivity measurement."

The above is thanks to U.S. sensor Corp. Website: http://www.ussensor.com/technical-info/what-is-a-thermistor

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Who needs a gauge, just fill up every 240km like I do. Or low fuel light comes on, spend the next 50km hoping to find petrol before you run out :)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Should be closer to 7l/100km Kel. I think you better come up here one weekend so we can have a look at what chip you have and then try and find a better map for that pcIII.

·
Registered
14,409 Posts
?

Kel;
7l/70km = 23.5mpg

my 910R gets 19mpg 12.38 l/100km around town, 37mpg 6.3 l/100km @ 85MPH

my 1972 R75 got 57mpg/4.13 l/100km @115MPH

with vacuum slide Bings

my '66 El Camino, 3220 lbs, 460cuin, ~335HP/530lb/ft averages 22.9

mpg/10.2 l/100km city/highway....with a vacuum controlled carb and

ignition

Vacuum tells you the load on the motor.......when its high you pull fuel,

but then you have to add timing....and the reverse is true too

if you don't even MEASURE vacuum how can you fuel or time

anything????

you notice that your <'10 MV has vacuum operated fuel pressure

regulator??????? why isn't hooked up to vacuum??????

it makes the injectors spray patterns consistent.......that's all

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Anytime now, no more double demerits :) I'm back at work 5th, but will probably have a week off from friday 9th onwards or any weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts