MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vibration noise at around 6500 and to 7000 RPM that, for the life of me, I cannot resolve. The bike is not vibrating itself, it just sounds like a piece of plastic or something non-engine vibrating. I believe it is coming from somewhere around my knees at the gas tank. I can't figure out anything that could be vibrating.

I didn't know if someone else has had the same problem. I'll probably just put it up on the stand and see if I can find it that way as soon as I resolve the CDI/Fuse Box issue.

Any suggestions? ATD replaced a bushing that didn't help.

- thanks

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Most likely the air intake covers--they come loose very easily and rub on the frame. Just lift the tank slightly and tighten the 3 bolts on each side.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Also check speedo cover my bike when new buzzed and it happened to be the little allen bolts on my speedo cover.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hey I thought mine was the only bike that made some crazy buzzy sound I cant track down, lol. I will try those two things as well.

·
Registered
876 Posts
My latest theory is the side covers below the tank. They slide forward at the front and push in at the back. Perhaps something to islolate the side cover from the mounting point at the front. I have had to tighten all the aforementioned items as well as the lock for passenger seat. Each time the noise is less but still there. I suspect it will not turn out to be an exterior mounted item but rather something under the tank or seat. Ignition switch, airbox, battery box, undertray?

Minor annoyance. This bike still thrills me like no other. In fact, I here her calling to me now.............

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah mine does this too, quite annoying but i just rev it harder now. Obviously a common thing but hopefully just a slight irritation rather than a problem.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah mine does this too, quite annoying but i just rev it harder now. Obviously a common thing but hopefully just a slight irritation rather than a problem.

Yeah - it is just an annoyance more than anything. All bikes have a little tick to them. The bike itself drives fine.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Yeah, I have the same problem; it goes like zzzzziiitttttrrr with some kind of resonance.

I open the throttle a bit more; problem disappears in a moment:later::naughty:

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 910 has the same buzz except it shos up only between 4900RPM and 5100RPM. Below or above that range just clean engine rev roar. My noise seems to be coming from the front right engine area. At first I thought it was the exhaust pipe spring connectors. When I turned them around a little that seemed to affect it slightly but still havent eliminated the noise completely. I thought it was coming from the cooling fan area, housing perhaps. Not sure but I will check out the other areas the other posts mention.
Joe

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Mine buzzes when I'm at 280kph - rather annoying, maybe its my cheeks flapping at the back of my helmet!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have a noise like that around similar rpms, I'm pretty convinced it's the mid pipe/catalytic converter whatever that thing is under the engine between the exhaust and the headers.

Chris

·
Registered
119 Posts
try the little 'wing' thing on the front gaurd... mine was loose and vibrated like a bitch, took a while to track down what it was..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts