MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I've been trying to find the vibration my bike makes from low revs since new, I always assumed it was a the big number plate arm, mud guard thing but I have since removed it and it's still there. When the bike is going slow in 2nd and I accelerate it sounds like something is really rattling around, I've removed so many panels and parts and tested without any luck! Wondering if you guys have the same issue?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I assume your alking about the Rivale ? I've no had a go on one (I need to avoid a all costs), but on the 800 B3 it felt like a twin thumping away if I rode it with the rpm too low, going down a gear stopped that.
Are you sure it's not a slack chain ?

·
Registered
666 Posts
anyway you can put it on a dyno and see what's going on? Maybe install a GoPro if there's room. just a thought

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume your alking about the Rivale ? I've no had a go on one (I need to avoid a all costs), but on the 800 B3 it felt like a twin thumping away if I rode it with the rpm too low, going down a gear stopped that.
Are you sure it's not a slack chain ?
Ha, yep, sorry should have said, sounds like a mudguard flapping away but it's not. It's not an engine or chain noise, it's not great!

anyway you can put it on a dyno and see what's going on? Maybe install a GoPro if there's room. just a thought
Dyno is a great idea!! I have no idea why I didn't think of that, OK, I'll book some time!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Fwiw the source of annoying noise on my Brutale came from the throttle cables rattling against the instrument housing, and the mirror glass rattling against the housing. Might be worth checking out if that is applicable to your model.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same thing with my rivale and my final conclusion is that the noise comes from the chain sliding on the thng (chain slider? I dont know the eng word) . This thing is not made by plastic as in most bikes but its made of horn ! Thats my conclusion for this rattling noise

1 - 7 of 7 Posts