MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
i got vetura stuff very nice but prefer to use a rucksack as i only got the tour bag

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have been everywhere with my Ventura Bag, the only way to tour on an MV.

I have no idea how anyone can do it with a backpack, so painfull after a 6 or 700km ride. Just did a quick ride with a friend up to Mt Hotham, awsome roads and just so much fun to do long distances on the MV.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have been everywhere with my Ventura Bag, the only way to tour on an MV.

I have no idea how anyone can do it with a backpack, so painfull after a 6 or 700km ride. Just did a quick ride with a friend up to Mt Hotham, awsome roads and just so much fun to do long distances on the MV.
I was on the website for the bag and it only had it available for the BiPosto. I see on your pic that you have a monoposto..Where do the "L" brackets mount? and do you think they will work on a 750 F4 EV03?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can't comment on the fit of Ventura gear on MV's but I did have it on a Honda 1100 Blackbird I had. I rode to the GP at Phillip Island a few years ago in the pouring rain and all my change of dry clothes was saturated when I arrived. Problem was that although the material was waterproof the cotton along the side of the zippers wasn't.
Had to pack everything in a plastic garbage bag inside the Ventura after that if rain was likely

·
1,061 Posts
hi all

just to let you know ventura do not make the brackets for the mono
you could ge tthe brackets and modify yourself to fit the mono

beware the bars that fasten to the exhaust hangers do vibrate and rub the cans and scratch i can prove this and provide with pics

i must say tho if you fettle with the fitment you may ge tover this issue other than that ventura stuff is top mark
i'm just hacked off i din't know the hangers would rub has since cost me a nother set of end cans but hey atleast i can do the gazman mod hehe

i'll upload to my album all the photos which i took when i fitted the ventura stuff if anyone want me to

·
1,061 Posts
forgot to add you have to modify the plastic undertray to fit the brackets the slots ain't big enough

·
Registered
449 Posts
Your right, my exhaust tips are marked as well (bugger!) but that was more my fault than the design. Didn't have to modify the undertray though.....brackets fitted straight through with a bit of jiggling.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I can't comment on the fit of Ventura gear on MV's but I did have it on a Honda 1100 Blackbird I had. I rode to the GP at Phillip Island a few years ago in the pouring rain and all my change of dry clothes was saturated when I arrived. Problem was that although the material was waterproof the cotton along the side of the zippers wasn't.
Had to pack everything in a plastic garbage bag inside the Ventura after that if rain was likely
And yes that is dumbest thing that they design motorcycle equipment that is not waterproof (DOH!). I also always line the bag with a plastic bag for my clothes when I know it's going to rain.

The Ventura bag does come with a storm plastic cover, but that fell to bits during my first fast, wet ride!

·
1,061 Posts
a good bon liner for me a thick one just like me

mvf4sr

you didn't have have to modify the tray yet it stated in my instructions to modify it maybe it was an update

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Lads, just to confirm...I am a long time user of Ventura gear; tank bags, seat bags, spada and other rear luggage. I run a frame and a spada vi bag on my brutale at the moment. For the record, all ventura gear is waterproof, but the zips let moisture in unfortunately...which I guess means they are not waterproof:wtf:

·
Registered
647 Posts
And yes that is dumbest thing that they design motorcycle equipment that is not waterproof (DOH!). I also always line the bag with a plastic bag for my clothes when I know it's going to rain.

The Ventura bag does come with a storm plastic cover, but that fell to bits during my first fast, wet ride!

HA! The same thing happend to my Ventura bag "Storm" cover...

and a big +1 for "the dumbest thing" ... idiots.

I always carry a green Glad garbo Bag to line the 'Venny' these days. I takes but one wet night turning up to a party , getting out your supposedly dry clothes from your "waterproof" Ventura Luggage System and finding the wet weather gear you rode to the party in is alot dryer than the stuff in your waterproof Ventura Luggage System ... hang around in your wet bike gear for a while , leave the party....

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
[/COLOR]

HA! The same thing happend to my Ventura bag "Storm" cover...

and a big +1 for "the dumbest thing" ... idiots.

I always carry a green Glad garbo Bag to line the 'Venny' these days. I takes but one wet night turning up to a party , getting out your supposedly dry clothes from your "waterproof" Ventura Luggage System and finding the wet weather gear you rode to the party in is alot dryer than the stuff in your waterproof Ventura Luggage System ... hang around in your wet bike gear for a while , leave the party....
Hey, maybe you're the soggy and forlorn looking guy I saw standing in the corner at the last party I went to? I thought it may have been trough boy?
:stickpoke

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hey, maybe you're the soggy and forlorn looking guy I saw standing in the corner at the last party I went to? I thought it may have been trough boy?
:stickpoke
Heh, that definately wasn't me... i was at a night club lying around in the urinal.:laughing:

(ya really gotta live in Sydney and know who "trough boy" is to appreciate the above... i dont really do that, very often)...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts