MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at helmets at the Motorcycle Trade Expo and liked the look of the Vemar lids, has anyone got any feedback on them?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Beg Borrow Steal- just get It

Bought the Vemar VSREV late last year from Extreme Supply , sad day for my new shoei have not worn it since. The Vemar is alot queiter with noticably less drag front and side on when turning your head easier on the neck muscles, The difference at higher speeds is even more pronounced . I normally wear 57 and found the Vemar size "small " perfect
I think the shape must better suited in forward riding stance of the F4 . Sorry to sound like a salesman but this is the best helmet I have owned so far , Will be buying the Vemar Carbon next time the NZ $ reaches a good level .

Sorry for Leaking Enthusiasm:mouthwate

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought the Vemar VSREV late last year from Extreme Supply , sad day for my new shoei have not worn it since. The Vemar is alot queiter with noticably less drag front and side on when turning your head easier on the neck muscles, The difference at higher speeds is even more pronounced . I normally wear 57 and found the Vemar size "small " perfect
I think the shape must better suited in forward riding stance of the F4 . Sorry to sound like a salesman but this is the best helmet I have owned so far , Will be buying the Vemar Carbon next time the NZ $ reaches a good level .

Sorry for Leaking Enthusiasm:mouthwate
Cheers for the info Chris,
In March we are opening an MV dealership in Derbyshire, UK, so we are looking at leathers, helmets etc. I especially liked the look of the Vemar lids and the BKS leathers so I am just trying to get some feedback on how people rate them.

Martin

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I'm biased and hesitant to go with one of the "cheaper" brands, so I stick with the Corsair (2) and AGV's TiTech (1 Ago replica), none of which incidentally give me the "perfect" fit.

Oh well...

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have a Shoei x-11, but the carbon Vemar looks very tempting. Anyone has any crash ratings for Vemar?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have the Vemar Carbon and I love it.. only problem with it is that it feels like its not really covering the chin area.

But.. since then i purchased an OGK-FF5 and i love it more. The looks are great as well as fit and finish.. it's very comfortable and has excellent air flow. The visor is very easy to remove and reattach. It looks and feels like a better helmet than anything i've had before.

The Vemar does have an amazing interior.. feels like suede.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Anyone has any crash ratings for Vemar?
I lowsided my F4 at Pacific Raceways in Auburn, WA, while wearing my carbon VSR. It split at the chin when I hit the ground or air fence, I don't know. I walked away from it, well walked to the ambulance, so I guess it did it's job. I probably gave myself a concussion but my cat scan the next day showed I was ok.

That count as a crash rating?

by the way, the carbon on the chin is only 1 maybe 2 layers thick

·
Registered
127 Posts
I purchased a Vemar Carbon Fiber helmet. The build quality on this helmet is amazing. The carbon mat lay-up is perfect, no twists or folds in the weave. The liner is very high quality (or at least feels like it). I like getting the extra liner and the extra shield. It's super light and has the best venting I've ever experienced in a helmet. The only minus I can come up with is that it's a little loud. I'm thinking with the thin shell and just no mass to absorb the sound, it lets in more noise. I still plan on it being the last helmet I ever buy... probably not.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Cheers NEWMAN

Was wondering if the carbon was as quiet, as you say there is a lot less mass
Where have you sourced the vemar extra shields from ?
Extreme supply have not had stock the last two times I have ordered I use them as they have been great for quick international shipping to NZ

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey Kiwi,

The helmet I purchased came with the "extras" kit included. It's my understanding that Vemar offers this as a purchasing option. It's extra cost, but you get a second liner and a second tinted shield. What really sold me was the extra liner. That's always the thing that wears out first. The foam padding gets pounded out and the helmet is now loose on my noggin'. With an extra liner, I've now just doubled the lifespan of the helmet. Seems like a good deal to me.

I think you're right about Vemars running small in size. The first one I bought was the size I would normally get and it was too small. I sent it back and got the next size larger which fits perfect. They seem to be hard to get though. I had to wait a long time to get the larger size. I got mine trough a dealer I found on eBay. Can't remember his name.

Also, I should clarify what I said about the Carbon helmet being noisy. The aero design is probably very good because the helmet itself doesn't create any annoying wistles or other noise like other helmets I've owned. The Vemar Carbon just lets other sounds through. On the plus side, you can actually hear someone speaking to you without having to take the helmet off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts