MV Agusta Forum banner

Velocity Stacks For F4's

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  john 
#1 ·
Are There Bigger Diameter Velocity Stacks Available For The F4's? I Was Able To Find Them For My Ducati 996s, They Are Slightly Shorter And The Diameter Is Bigger. If Anyone Knows, If You Could Let Me Know I Would Greatly Appreciate It. Thanks!!!!

#4 ·
well supposedly you get better and more even air flow with aftermarket stacks. I have the Graves velocity stacks on my R1 and it helped give me a little more power in my mid range
I also have V-stacks on my 03 R6, but they were made by FactoryPro. the performance improvement depend on the design of the stacks, mine are the 1st generation ones from FP, and they are the short design for all four pieces, which gave me about 4 HP over the OEM ones, but the power gain was in the 11,000-13,600 rpm range so only practical when pushing the bike hard. Graves also offer their version of the V stacks for the 03 R6, but introduced it a year later(2004). Their design is a bit different, they kept the 2 inner v stacks longer, supposely for better mid range power.

#6 ·
spr2003 said:
I have shorter stacks on my f4 1.000. They give a little advantage on high rpms, but they pay something in low-mid range. To work properly they need bigger exhaust pipes, a new timing setting and a new injection map.
WHERE DID YOU GET THE SHORTER STACKS? I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THEM BUT CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THEM ANYWHERE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS!!!

#7 ·
jovanotti11 said:
WHERE DID YOU GET THE SHORTER STACKS? I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THEM BUT CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THEM ANYWHERE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS!!!
I live in Italy, and i bought them from the technicians who took care of my engine. I knew them on tracks, cause they follow a few guys racing in superstock series, here in europe. I will ask them. Send me a private message with your email, so i can tell you strightly.

#8 ·
spr2003 said:
I have shorter stacks on my f4 1.000. They give a little advantage on high rpms, but they pay something in low-mid range. To work properly they need bigger exhaust pipes, a new timing setting and a new injection map.
How did the shorter stacks seal to the airbox? My preference would be to strengthen the mid on the 750 but my CFD skills are lacking and my imagination with our stock airbox arrangement is nil.

I think most American tracks and some of the OZ tracks I've seen on Pete's videos would benefit by midrange more than top end - like the EU circuits.

#9 ·
JamesC said:
How did the shorter stacks seal to the airbox? My preference would be to strengthen the mid on the 750 but my CFD skills are lacking and my imagination with our stock airbox arrangement is nil.

I think most American tracks and some of the OZ tracks I've seen on Pete's videos would benefit by midrange more than top end - like the EU circuits.
They seal with black hard rubber gaskets, more or less like the original ones. The aluminium cones ends a bit lower (8/10 mm.) than the airbox surface. If you see the Tamburini intake system, when the cones are up, the stacks are very very short ones.

#11 ·
My wife bakes buns on a Sunday with devices like that. I'll try some out on the bike. :laughing:

#15 · (Edited)
Surely the Sunday baking doesn't warrant CF Squares. :conveyer:

If you want the other kind of buns, look left<-

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.