MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very nice!! I like the red & silver under the belly pan, will light up nicely when you crank it over..... also the dark screen thinking of getting one myself. Be shure the post lots of pics when youre done

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MV-999R said:
I so much love the revvi nature of the 750 :toothless

I do love the revvi 750....but I love getting my head ripped off even more :flickoff:

So Ok..the 1000 makes a better roadbike than the 750, by a longshot, and after riding a 1000 more than once now, that became pretty clear to me....then the justification of spend a little bit more more and getting a secondhand 1000.................

I'm looking forward to taking it to the track....I just love my screaming 750 on the track, so it will be interesting to see if the 1000 is as much fun...I'm sure it will be..

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rockethouse said:
Looks good, even the red tape looks okay which is something I don't usually like.
I'm not convinced either as yet.
My other thought is to get the paint code for the Ago wheels....that's a classy color. It's like a really warm silver, almost gold...
I think the "star" wheels would look nice in that color.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Velocemoto said:
My other thought is to get the paint code for the Ago wheels....that's a classy color. It's like a really warm silver, almost gold...
I love that color.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Velocemoto said:
Now you are talking! Or just the silver paint code for the 5 star wheels. I think the bike looks great. I don't care for the black wheels or the red stripe, though. I know I'm the minority here but that is my two cent opinion.

CAG

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
CAG said:
Now you are talking! Or just the silver paint code for the 5 star wheels. I think the bike looks great. I don't care for the black wheels or the red stripe, though. I know I'm the minority here but that is my two cent opinion.

CAG
I too prefer silver to black rims...my guess is as he's had silver rims on his 750 he wants something that feels/looks like he has a different bike...hey Veloce what about a set of Marchesini's 10 spokes :naughty: :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
CAG said:

CAG
Well...minority or not...the silver five star wheels still rock...and so does the red/silver... :drummer:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Pete, I'm not 100% sure you'll like the 1000 better at the track. Now, I've never ridden the MV1000, but based on experience with other 1000s, I can say that you're concentrating more on how far the throttle is turned than how hard you're railing through a corner. I'm biased.

But then again, I've been telling myself for a long time I don't want to race a 1000cc four cylinder, but I may be changing my mind.

Those wheels have never looked better. This is one of the nicest looking MVs yet, along with the AGO. I'm partial to the dark colored wheels, obviously. :popcorn:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
acruhl said:
Pete, I'm not 100% sure you'll like the 1000 better at the track. Now, I've never ridden the MV1000, but based on experience with other 1000s, I can say that you're concentrating more on how far the throttle is turned than how hard you're railing through a corner. I'm biased.

But then again, I've been telling myself for a long time I don't want to race a 1000cc four cylinder, but I may be changing my mind.

Those wheels have never looked better. This is one of the nicest looking MVs yet, along with the AGO. I'm partial to the dark colored wheels, obviously. :popcorn:
Andy...i'm doing more and more road riding these days, and less and less tracktime. My mates and I want to do some big trips....find twisties we haven't ridden before, break away from the norm...
The benifits of the 1000 on the road far outweigh the need to have a screaming F4-750 at the track half a dozen times a year....

Yes, it's taken me 2 years to admit it, but it's true.
For my needs these days, the 1000 will be more suited in most situations.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rockethouse said:
I too prefer silver to black rims...my guess is as he's had silver rims on his 750 he wants something that feels/looks like he has a different bike...hey Veloce what about a set of Marchesini's 10 spokes :naughty: :stickpoke
Ther bike I'm looking at purchasing already has very dark gloss gun metal wheels....so im just being lazy if i leave them ans add the red pinstripe....If I dont like them, they'll be painted immediately....and you're right, doing them silver may make the new bike too similar to the old..

1 - 20 of 46 Posts