MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Tourismo, (or anyone else with knowledge on this bike), I've got my eye on a dealership test ride bike, same color as yours, with about 500 miles on it and without the bags...11000 for the bike and another 1500 for the bags is what they're asking. I currently have my 04 Brutale in their shop and it's getting a full service, but I've had some over-heating issues with it and when I saw the Veloce at the dealer, I fell in love. My concerns are about the electronics because of my experience with my current ride, (a few electrical gremlins) and also because of a Youtube vlog I was watching (Boris on Bikes) that deals with a red Veloce, beloved by the owner until it starts acting up with it's electronics. Ended up being a serious enough ECU issue that he traded it up, (or down, depending on your outlook!) for a BMW. Less sexy, but a good solid bike. I realize it could be that he just got a lemon, but I've also heard others complain about the electronics, and I know MV's can be finicky if not ridden often, so I'm wanting to get as much info about the Veloce as possible before making a move. The other big factor: I see you're a fellow New Yorker, and I'd like to ask what dealership you use for your bike...thinking maybe I could find an alternative to have a second place for repairs if it's nearby enough. I'm in Brooklyn, and am happy with this dealership...it's just that having two on my list for service issues is way better than one. They also scratched my gas tank and didn't cop to it, so I'm looking to re-paint or buy another used one. Any recommendations on the dealership you or anyone else on here in the NY tri-state area use?

I currently ride the Brute, like I said, and have had overheating issues on it, but I really love it as a street bike....my other bike is the personality opposite, an 08 Buell Ulysses, that's been amazing as a tourer and a little off-roading and camping for the past 5 years...so it struck me that the Veloce seemed like the perfect combo of the two....and maybe if I sold my current two I could combine the $ into one awesome bike and downsize my herd a bit.

I've never posted on here before, but I'd be happy to hear anything from anyone about MV's in general or more specifically about the Tourismo. Unless anyone's got a deal on the RVS 1! Geezus what a beast.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No idea why the pics ended up all askew, they're right side up on my desktop...sorry to anyone who gets dizzy upside down!

·
Old Wing Nut
22,695 Posts
Welcome to the family....Brutales aren't known for overheating... Wonder why yours did? I had a faulty sensor showing overheating, but the bike actually wasn't... I've seen a few others with same thing.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Get it. A few inconveniences is worth it.

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, and esq'z me I appreciate your response about the Brute. I've already replaced the water pump with an upgraded one, but it still seems to overheat (238 or so last week in 90 degree city traffic temps). The dealership is working on it now, valve adjust and full tune up, so I assume the thermostat might be something they'll look into. But to be sure I'll call today and ask them to. Thanks again!

·
Old Wing Nut
22,695 Posts
Mine was showing 230+ on the dash, but no coolant overflow...checked radiator with a heat gun and it was at 190 (normal). 2 part sensor on my 910R. One for the ECM and one for the meter..... Plugged in the computer and ECM was seeing normal.

Depending on your year model it may have 2 seperate sensors, or the combined single (2008 +).

Tested sensor and the segment for the meter was reading wrong. New sensor fixed it.....saw 2 other do the same thing....

So maybe the meter says its overheated, but it's not really. ????

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much esq'z me, I'll run this by my mechanic and see if he can do a heat test on it. Mine is a 2004 Brute, so I'm guessing just one sensor?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.