MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, ive just got my diagnostic sofware to play with has anyone else have this and are there any tips ??:lightning

·
Registered
689 Posts
I don't think there's much you can do beyond a TPS reset if you've still got the Euro3 ECU. With the RG3 ECU you can adjust idle fuel trim, but you need to tell the software it's a Euro2 ECU.

I haven't done any logging or other fancy stuff, just the TPS reset for the RG3 ECU and a minor adjustment to the idle fueling, just to try it out. It seems that sometimes the setting doesn't save properly. I'm not sure why that is.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
software monitoring

besides reseting the tps which if i keep the bike will need checking from time to time, it will do the diagnostics test for eletris on the bike, im sure it will do the lambda sensor adjustment to correct the fueling at low rpms, im sure theres members thats bought it and used to good effect, but i forgot to get a serial to usb adapter so im off to get one of those tomorrow:drummer:

·
Registered
53 Posts
The VDSTS is good for more than just resetting the TPS and set the trim. It gives active readouts of most bike functions, it can also read error codes stored in the ECU. I've been using it for over 5 years and swear by it's worth.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
software

:conveyer:hi, have you done the extra adjustment on the tps ? ive read elswhere someone had adjusted it about 2% extra to make the ecu thinkl the throttle was already starting to open getting rid of the initial lag on the throttle ? if so does it mess anything else up ?:f4:also can you see the timing being retarded at low openings?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm awaiting my race ecu until I do it. I've done it a hundred times on Ducati's over the years. You should really set the degrees of opening to match the ECU's map of where the baseline it. If you need to raise idle from there, do it AFTER resetting the TPS. I need to dig up the info to see if the TPS setting is 2.3 degrees, or the larger 3.1 on the new Ducks. The 5M ecu is new to me. I miss the 1.6. I'll be chatting with the Ferracci guys about the need to fool the ECU, but a proper flash or race ecu should fix any lag. The F1000s with the 1.6 had the throttle lag issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts