MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if the F3 uses a Marelli ECU, but if it does, then the VDST would probably work with maybe a new connector.

But MCN reported that MV sourced the F3 ECU from Eldor. Does it mean that a tuner company will have to design/develop a brand new tool for us?

Just to be clear, my concern is about the stock F3 ECU and not aftermarket like Microtec, etc.

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
I am sure the factory will have a diagnostic software system.....the question I suppose is if it will be the VDST or something else.

VDST works with other ECUs now. You just have to buy the "key". For big bucks you get the master key....this is what the dealers buy. When I talked to them a while back they were working on the "key" for Japanese bike ECUs.

·
Registered
14,503 Posts
?

shashankmittal;
how about asking an F3 owner what ECU it has.....i have no clue

or call TechnoResearch......they make the VDSTS

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it says in the specs Eldor EM2.0 from www.eldor.it so no Magneti marelli
Just noticed it myself, its so easy to overlook it on the tech spec page on the MV website. I guess VDST would require more work to be compatible with Eldor.

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
There will have to be some diagnostic software available, and I would not be surprised if it is the existing VDST with an update. Then again, may be a proprietary system only available to MV dealers....the answer is already there, but we need to ask the right people (an MV dealer in a country that has taken delivery and received technical manuals).

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just noticed it myself, its so easy to overlook it on the tech spec page on the MV website. I guess VDST would require more work to be compatible with Eldor.
Just got an e-mail back from TechnoResearch that said they are NOT planning to support the Eldor ECU at this time but might consider it later if more bikes started using it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got an e-mail back from TechnoResearch that said they are NOT planning to support the Eldor ECU at this time but might consider it later if more bikes started using it.
Bummer :banghead: That means more frequent trips to the dealer!

·
Registered
14,503 Posts
tool?

leave it to The Curmudgeon......

you will need a Texa Navigator TXB to work on your F3:stickpoke:stickpoke

i have a Texa Axone for my Aprilia RSVR and they don't give them away:jsm::jsm:

here you go.....
http://www.texausa.com/dettaglio_news.asp?id=56

here is a similar Texa on UK ebay;
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?adpos=1t1&crlp=10436518482_2416792&MT_ID=69&tt_encode=raw&keyword=texa+navigator+txb&clk_rvr_id=353920103537&geo_id=10232&adgroup_id=2827864002&_kw=texa+navigator

yup, 1000 quid......and its not the new one:stickpoke

1 - 10 of 10 Posts