MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the helmet question is going so well. Street Leather, protecting what your head is attached to.

What is the forum choice for jackets, gloves and so forth.---:stir:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
At my age bones take a long time to heal and I'm not fast enough to dress like a power ranger so my choice is Vanson.

I do have a set of the MV Corse leathers which are nice as well.

CAG

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm with CAG. Definitely Vanson for jackets, but I love my Held gloves and Dainese boots. Just depends on what fits you and helps you feel protected.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I love the Spidi suit as its design to be a slimmer fit - lots of armour but does not have a the back armour protector. I didn't need to break the leathers in with the Spidi.

The Nankai suit has a bit more room in the mid section which is great for hot summer riding. The Nankai is the lightest leathers compared to the Fieldsheer (winter leathers).

Attachments

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Vanson for two reasons. The only thing better would be a Kevlar suit with titanium protectors. Secondly, it's made in the US and the money stays here. If you're anywhere near Boston take a trip to the factory and lift one up (if you can). Custom made for you and they also have stuff on the rack, if you're lucky enough to get a fit, at a great savings.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Im near Boston and do quite a few trackdays every year. MOST of the long time instructors and riders have Vanson leathers. They all look old as dirt, but Im sure thats because they are almost indestructable.

I have a nice new AlpineStars suit...killer!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Vanson Leather

Which features on your Vanson serve you well and why?

I'm saving for a Vanson street jacket suitable for year round riding on the North East Coast, US. There are two styles which are compelling in design: Mark 2 Cobra and Mark 3 Technical. Ideally making the trip to Vanson would be best and I hope to do that soon. I prefer black. Any thoughts?

http://vansonleather.com/

Mark 2 Cobra
http://www.vansonleathers.com/product_pages/jackets/cob2_cobra.htm

Mark 3 Technical
http://www.vansonleathers.com/product_pages/jackets/te03_tech_mk2.htm

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Which features on your Vanson serve you well and why?

I'm saving for a Vanson street jacket suitable for year round riding on the North East Coast, US. There are two styles which are compelling in design: Mark 2 Cobra and Mark 3 Technical. Ideally making the trip to Vanson would be best and I hope to do that soon. I prefer black. Any thoughts?

http://vansonleather.com/

Mark 2 Cobra
http://www.vansonleathers.com/product_pages/jackets/cob2_cobra.htm

Mark 3 Technical
http://www.vansonleathers.com/product_pages/jackets/te03_tech_mk2.htm
I have the fully perforated version of the Cobra. It is fantastic! It will keep you relatively cool well into the 90s. As the weather gets cooler, just use a wind proof jacket under it and you can ride into the 50s. Colder than that, in my opinion, you need solid leather and a liner.

CAG

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I have the fully perforated version of the Cobra. It is fantastic! It will keep you relatively cool well into the 90s. As the weather gets cooler, just use a wind proof jacket under it and you can ride into the 50s. Colder than that, in my opinion, you need solid leather and a liner.

CAG
Me too, I agree with Caggy. I've also got the sold Cobra for cooler weather. I've got the matching leather pants as well. I wear a textile jacket when it's really cold.

Back in 2006 I crashed on one of my Ducatis. As I slid across the asphalt at 35 MPH the following thoughts crossed my mind in an instant: 1. This doesn't hurt yet. 2. I wonder if it's gonna hurt. 3. I'M GLAD I'VE GOT ON HARD ARMOUR UNDER THIS VANSON JACKET. 4. I'm betting I've messed up my bike. and finally.............5. I bet Jackie's gonna be pissed.

Thoughts #1&#2....no damage because of #3. Thought #4....yes, but fixable. Thought #5....What do you think?

I immediately bought a replacement for the Vanson that I damaged, but I subsequently sent the old jacket back and Vanson repaired if for $150. Now I've got two of 'em.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm in the market for some custom leathers and located in Southern California. Anyone here have feedback on Z Custom Leathers? www.zcustom.com

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
735 Posts
heard good things about Z, but their styling leaves something to be desired.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks for the feedback... I may try to stop by Vanson next time I'm on the east coast. Unfortunately the Dainese stuff doesn't fit me, haven't tried the Rev'It gear, where do you recommend I check it out?

·
Registered
447 Posts
i just got ( few months back) a set of Z leathers and i really like them - the quality is superb and the people were a pleasure to deal
with - would probably be worth your while to go see them and let them measure you and you can choose the style you like

steve

·
Registered
447 Posts
i also had a set on vanson's that i used for i think three seasons back when i was racing and put them through the test and they held up remarkably so you can go wrong with them either

steve

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just a note on the Vanson gear in terms of build quality. I have a Cordura Falcon jacket that I have had going on ten years or so. I went down about a three months ago with it on and it did a great job. Once I cleaned it up, there was barely a mark and that was going down around 40 mph or so. The only thing I would get would be hard armor as i have the soft pads. Anyway, if you have the coin, you can't go wrong with Vanson.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have 2 sets of Z leathers and I think they are great people to do business with. You will nto be dissapointed!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I went in to Z Custom this past week and got fitted for a jacket and picked up some gloves. Should be ready in 4-weeks, thanks for all the feedback and I'll let everyone know how it works out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts