MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble checking and adjusting the air pressure in the rear wheel, as the valve core seems to be seated too deeply inside the valve stem. Does this happen often?

Regards
John
:frown2:

·
Administrator
19,807 Posts
Hmmmmm.....there are different cores out there. Haven't had this problem (yet) but can see how it may happen.

Pull it out and go visit a auto tire shop and ask them to let you rummage through the discarded valve stems.

You can also buy valve cores at most auto parts stores.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The pin type gauge in my touring tool kit won't work on the Turismo for the same reason. I have a Venhill gauge that reads it fine but is less portable. Probably need to buy another small gauge.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
That might be a solution Dons. Alternatively it might be the valve body has the seat recessed too far. Have some spare valve stems so good call on trying a different core, will give that a go when I get the chance.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
That might be a solution Dons. Alternatively it might be the valve body has the seat recessed too far. Have some spare valve stems so good call on trying a different core, will give that a go when I get the chance.
Let us know what you find Chas, I'll leave this thread here till we are sorted on a solution, kind of keen to hear if any of the other new bikes have a similar issue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Let us know what you find Chas, I'll leave this thread here till we are sorted on a solution, kind of keen to hear if any of the other new bikes have a similar issue.
Yes, I had been through my collection valve cores and checked the cores from the wheels on our three cars, but the best I could get was to go from a 1.3mm recess, back to a 1.0mm recess, which is still too far in, to be any good at most service stations. My Jamec-Pem gauge still can't get a proper reading, but I have a cheap dial gauge that just works. The "La Corsa" Stems that I got fitted to my ST1300 are only recessed by 0.2mm, so I may well have to get a pair of them, or other quality options.

Do you know what the diameter of the valve stem hole in the new wheels is?

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,807 Posts
It is a standard size. pretty much every bike without TPMS uses same

1 - 8 of 8 Posts