MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've noticed some oil leak when the engine is running. The leak is easily described in the attached pictures.
What do you recommend?
I have no history records in regards to what maintenance has been performed on the engine (if any) by the previous owner/owners. The bike currently has a milage of ~29900KM. I've purchased it when it had around 22000 (last year).

Thank you!

·
Wing Nut
21,713 Posts
That is a common oil leak location. Oil pools up in the cylinder head in that corner when parked on the side stand.
Only solution is to remove the valve cover and replace, or seal up, the gasket. Check the tightness of the valve cover bolts first.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
And don’t forget to add a smear of sealant on the spark plug valley seals too!

·
Registered
440 Posts
It looks like there has been more sealant applied to that outside corner of the engine in an effort to stop the leak. Remove the cover, clean everything up and start again using an oil resistant sealant.

·
Super Moderator
2,797 Posts
It looks like there has been more sealant applied to that outside corner of the engine in an effort to stop the leak. Remove the cover, clean everything up and start again using an oil resistant sealant.
Absolutely Tony - SMH bloody idiots

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much for all the feedback! I really appreciate it!
I'll post an update as soon as I have it.

·
Super Moderator
23,723 Posts
Just another piece of friendly advice: "the bike" is not very descriptive when it comes to asking for maintenance help.

Please put your bike year and model in your signature line...or at least specify it somewhere in the thread......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts