MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1100 miles and finally got the valve check done. Everything was within spec and the cam lobes looked perfect. No sign of the pitting that was noted on some other MV's.
Nice to see the inside of the engine! :yo: :guitarist

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Ive said this before,i had my 600 mile service done by 3x my importer and dealer,when i had it seviced i was shocked to hear by the fitter that they check the valve gaps by doing a compression test,i had quite a row with them as iam not happy they havent checked by feelers,i cant see that it can be acurate to do this and they are not fulfilling the service by not checking the gaps.Big low feeling when my pride and joy dosent get treated good,but they tell me thats how they do it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
this service was carried out by 3X they are the importers for mv in the uk and the service was carried out by them,they told me that this was how the valves are checked,and iam not happy about it at all ,what do you guys think about it,i mean if your not looking over there shoulder while they carry it out you lot dont know what your dealers are doing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Heno I did my own and fuck the warrenty i would not trust anyone who is not an engineer with my baby I live in dorset so if you want to check them we can do it in a few hours and if they need sorting i can get shims up the road from me.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Alex hi,cheers for the offer , i may take you up on that,i see you bought yours from 3X did you have problems with them,i see your pics are in Poole, i live just up the road ,but havent been down there on a tuesday yet,nice bike,ive got the 910R i think we share the same engine is this right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts