MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A dealer near me has four brand new 1078Rr's for sale. The quoted me $16,400 OTD in Calif. Is that a good deal and is red worth any extra $$? With the 1090 coming out soon, it would seem like a good to to get the right deal. Thx in advance.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Haha. I deleted my earlier post asking which dealer because I think he meant $16.4 for a 312RR. :D I'm pretty sure it's a Brutale because that would be more than $10K off MSRP (because it's OTD) for the 312RR (at which point I'd probably get one).

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Since MV only made the F4 and Brutale 1078 for 2009, I would venture to say that these will be coveted models in the future, for more reasons then one.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Spartukus - I hope you are correct.
BTW, White is way faster than red......

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Since MV only made the F4 and Brutale 1078 for 2009, I would venture to say that these will be coveted models in the future, for more reasons then one.
YES!!! Perhaps like having an ORO:yo:
I was told that they only imported about 75 MV`s total in the US.
So if half are Brutale then that works out to about 10 of each color than it might even be rarer. I look at it like the last of the air cooled Porsche.:hitit:

·
Registered
968 Posts
There have been a bunch of MV's only sold for a year. Brutale 910S, 1078; F4 1000R, 312R, 312RR. etc.

None of which have appreciated in value or desirability despite the comparatively low production number in each case.

The 1078 F4 may be the most powerful however it also has (by common opinon on this board at least) the least sexy visual design and can be looked down upon as cheating vs. 1000cc engines.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
There have been a bunch of MV's only sold for a year. Brutale 910S, 1078; F4 1000R, 312R, 312RR. etc.

None of which have appreciated in value or desirability despite the comparatively low production number in each case.

The 1078 F4 may be the most powerful however it also has (by common opinon on this board at least) the least sexy visual design and can be looked down upon as cheating vs. 1000cc engines.
Cheating leaves a good taste in your mouth. The visual critics suffer of a terminal dose of bad taste.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I agree about the lack of appreciation comment. I highly doubt these bikes will appreciate just my 2 cents. Persoanlly these machines are not investments to me. I enjoy riding them and I love looking at them so that will do for me :) Just stop thinking go ride and have fun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts