MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok as mentioned in my other NW200 thread http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53105 I took some photos of the 'Valmoto' MV 675 that Gary Johnson is riding at the races.

It was out on track last night (Thursday) for it's first supersport race and was going and sounding beautiful and was able to sit with Alistair Seeley who was on an absolute mission for the race win. (And you can see him along side Seeley in the last photo.)
However unfortunately in 6th gear on a straight and pulling strongly it mysteriously stopped??

After the race in the paddock I spoke to Jack Valentine (the team owner) about what the issue was and he informed me it was a 'tilt switch' malfunction. This cut's the engine if the bike falls over and is on road bikes.:cry:
Bummer!!.., Anyway we had a good chat and he's fired up for the next race Tomorrow (Saturday)...as am I!!.
(They're using 'Motec' electronics) as you can spot in the photos on the tech's laptop.

Here are a few photos of the bike with Jack Valentine in some of the shots...I'll try and get the rider.., Gary Johnson another time. Although He's on the podium in one of those shots in my NW200 thread.
Fantastic to witness MV Agusta racing on the 'roads' again....woooo-hoooo!!
Brian:)

Ps I'd like one of those paddock Jackets:stickpoke :laughing:

Attachments

·
Registered
947 Posts
The F3 is stunning in race trim. Love it!

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Cheers guys!., looking forward to seeing this bike out on 'track' (roads) tomorrow again...wife is now making up our picnic., sandwiches., soup., coffee.,..etc as we're up early in the morning and heading up for a full days racing.
Superbikes etc will all be out...I'll try and get some more shots.
Hope all goes well for Gary.., Jack and the team.

OH..I do hope they're at 'olivers mount'.....I'm looking forward to seeing them (the MV's) at the Ulster Grand Prix.
Brian.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I was up at the NW 200 today again for the main days racing and it was abandoned due to unending rain (I've posted about this in my other NW 200 thread http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53105&page=2)...however the first race of the day was the 2'nd supersport race (the first supersport being on Thursday).

I wanted to see the 'Valmoto' F3 675 MV in action again.
I only managed to get these two shots (sorry about the 2'nd one)....but I was intending to get some better ones ......but the race was red flagged after two and a half laps...and the rest of the meeting abandoned!.

I did manage to once again talk to team manager Jack Valentine afterwards though and he has promised me that the MV will be at the TT and also the Ulster grand Prix where I look forward to getting seeing it in action (and close up) once again.
Brian:).

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,823 Posts
Who ate all the pies ?... Valentine ..

Hi Brian

Thanks for posting the updates on the NW200 and the MV efforts..

I've been trying to see if there was any TV coverage of the NW200 on Freeview and haven't found any.. The rain explains why there hasn't been any. :banghead:

Remember to wrap up warm, pack plenty of hot brew and biscuits, and keep the updates coming :)

PS: Sorry I haven't been in touch lately, but have been mega busy at this end.. We got our interior doors fitted at last and they look great....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts