MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I think it would be good to see Rossi in there next year with the new formula smaller capacity bikes against the likes of |Stoner and Pedrosa etc. But I think he would have moved to F1 if Schumacher retired. Ferrari have a very strong line up with Schuey and Raikkonen and I don't blame them for shutting the door on Rossi as he's an unproven quantity in F1.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I like to see Rossi and Pedrosa both meeting in the middle....i.e. 800 cc.
That'll be very interesting...as Pedrosa is new to the larger bikes (990cc).

Besides 800cc may change everything, as everyone will have to re-learn everything about their MotoGP bikes. :conveyer:

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
pigiolino said:
I think that it is the better thing for him. :)
Yup, I agree. In Formula one he would probably be a joke. In MotoGP he is the master! :drummer:

·
Registered
403 Posts
john said:
Ferrari have a very strong line up with Schuey and Raikkonen and I don't blame them for shutting the door on Rossi as he's an unproven quantity in F1.
That's not true. They didn't shut any door to him, indeed. They wanted him so badly for his great popularity. People loves him, he's young, winning, funny and not so spoiled as he could. When he promote something, that thing sells 200% more than usual.
Ferrari needs a popular face for his brand and Shumacher is not, Kimmi neither. Too cold, they just drive the car, they doesn't have a strong personality. Ferrari had lots of talented pilots, but people remember and loves strong charachter, like Enzo Ferrari did: Villeneuve, Lauda, Nuvolari, Alesi.

Valentino likes hard challenges and want to be the one who makes the difference. The Pilot, not a car driver where car is more important than his skills, or brand is more important than persons.
That's why he left Honda, that's why he didn't signed with Ducati: brand is more important there, and you're just an employee. Whoevere you are, you don't make such a difference.

I think that Valentino is looking for new challenges on motorcycling, who knows, maybe take back MV to the top of the world ;)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Nice to see you mentioned the maestro - Tazio Nuvolari - in that list Flaming. The flying Mantuan was in the opinion of my late father, the greatest of them all :smoking: :smoking:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Me? Id like to see him have a go at F1. He has already one of the greatest motorcycle racers ever, why not take the challenge? It could be a great crossover move or it could go the other way, like when Michael Jordan played for the white sox! :shocker: Either way, it would be fun to watch.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
odonata said:
He is still young... I believe there is plenty of time for him in F1, I want to see him racing the 800cc GP before he leave the 2 wheel scene.
Agreed. Rossi can go many years in GP before F1

·
Registered
5,577 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts