MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On from my trip to the Valencia MotoGP thread, an update on where we are.

We are in Gibraltar and the hotel has the internet, so I thought I'd check in. :D

The weather was ok from Cherbourg to Gib, if a tad windy. In the UK it was torrential rain though and the ferry crossing was a bit choppy.

On the Malaga to Gibraltar road, two traffic police on bikes, slowed and rode alongside, which was a tad worrying, but were just admiring my brutale. :moped:

My son's, girlfriend's father, who is Gibraltarean, asked whether my bike was made by Ducati with a japanese, maybe yamaha engine. :jsm: He'd never seen an MV.

Going to spend a couple of days chilling out now and then onto Valencia for the MotoGP on Sunday. :yo:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Glad to hear from you and thanks for the trip update :smoking:

I guess you were lucky to get nice weather from home to Gibraltar.
Weather has been terrible here :lightning and i guess it hasn't been much better in south of Spain in this last days.
But they say it will get better form today on, so you might just be fine from there to Valencia :)
Don't forget to take lots of pics and post here when you get back home and be safe.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
We on our way tomorrow..... by plane tho :stickpoke

See you there :) :laughing:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Another one here going to Cheste. If you see someone with a Brutale jacket and a Ago cap...that's me :highclap:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few pics from the trip. :)

My mv in Spain. We got to my son's girlfriend's place in Spain, where I managed to wash my poor brutale. I'd forgotten what colour she is. :violin:

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stayed for two nights at The Rock Hotel in Gibraltar. The weather wasn't kind whilst we were there. :lightning

Despite a 'do not disturb' sign on the door, the phone rang in the first morning and the management requested that we vacate the room, so that the cleaners could do their work and go home. :jsm: After 14 hours of travel and a very late night, not impressed. The second morning, first thing, although we didn't have to vacate the room until 11am, a knock on the door, from a member of staff wishing to check the mini-bar. The hotel I felt was more like a show home, where guests are not really welcome, but pay the bills, so have to be suffered.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, we left Gib a day earlier than originally intended, to make our way to Alicante. However, we missed the turning for the main road through Granada and ended up on the coastal route. Very pretty, but the long way round, so we only made it as far as a place called Lorca. This was more like it though. A fabulous 4* hotel, less than half the price of The Rock, wonderful service and staff and even iced beer glasses. :D Decided to stay there for 2 days instead. Took a trip on the train from there to Murcia. The idea being that we found the centre and a nice cafe/bar and chilled for the day. Asked a local where the centre was (or at least we thought we did) and was instructed on which bus to catch. We ended up here:

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Juan said:
We on our way tomorrow..... by plane tho :stickpoke

See you there :) :laughing:
I saw someone at the airport on Monday wearing a red MV Agusta Tshirt while I was wearing my Brutale jacket. We just saw eachother and made thums up ..was it maybe you? However it was, it semmed to be in a hurry 'cause he didn't even say..."hey, we have the same bike!!" I would understand it if it was a Honda, Yamaha or whatever...but not with a MV Agusta :wtf:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A massive, new shopping centre that wasn't entirely open and with the busses only running one an hour, a fair old wait. :laughing:

Still. Onto the Valencia and race-day. Stayed some distance from the track and decided to have an early start to make sure of parking etc. Only, no-one told us that the clocks had gone back, so we started an hour earlier than we thought. :jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Nice pics and great report :smoking:

Seems like you manage to stay of the rain, at least in Spain :friday:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ironically, I'm a bit of a Dani Pedrosa fan, so I'm at the GP wearing my Dani gear, surrounded by Rossi fans, bar the couple sat next to me. An American couple, wearing Nicky Hayden gear. :laughing:

If Dani had made another mistake, I think it would have been exit stage left, very quickly, for me. :bandit:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Seems like you manage to stay of the rain, at least in Spain
:laughing:

That's because the rain in Spain falls mainly in the plain and we didn't seem to find any plains. Those mountains are scary. :eek:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not much rain here and always warm enough to ride ;) The mountains are one of the reasons I left boring, cold and traffic filled England. From my place in the centre of Barcelona I can be on a great road within 15 minutes.

Glad you had a good time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts