MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I'm happy for Nicky. Not happy the big Honda has won though and was rooting for Rossi to come back the entire race. The race was a huge let down for me. I was hoping to see some good dicing and seeing the best racer win.

It was great though to see Bayliss come back and get a win. Can't wait for next year...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nicky rode a smart race. He pushed at the start, then backed off when he didn't need to...
Very surprised to see Rossi stuck in 7th as long as he was---if it wasn't Rossi, you could almost say that's what caused the crash, the fact that he was in a hurry to get to the front. But the fact that the best rider ever to ride a motorcycle (oh, here it comes) crashed in such a fashion, was just unbelieveable!
Congrats to Nick, been routing for him like crazy!!

Dave

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Well, I've already said the championship is a sham so I'm not supposed to care...

But sheezus, GO BAYLISS!!!! What a man. That's the way to show 'em.

Nicky was catching him in the early running, which I was really impressed to see because Bayliss took off at the front like it was another *&^%& WSB race he was about to dominate (my jaw hit the floor, I really thought those MotoGP guys knew how to ride?). The fact that Nicky did that, but then "backed off" after Rossi went down says to me he really just shifted into championship mode.

BUT DAMN, if he was able to close the gap on Bayliss like that, what would have happened if Rossi was in the mix? We'll never know, and it's a real shame to see that. That is NOT the race I wanted to see Nicky ride in. I wanted him to prove that he could hang with Rossi and possibly even beat him when the cards are on the table. I don't think anyone could doubt the possibility of that happening today, no matter how big a Rossi fan you are.

I still have a smile plastered on my face because:

1. Bayliss made it look like just another WSB race.
2. Nicky won the title
3. Nicky and Pedrosa had a back slapping moment after the race.
4. Rossi seems to really be happy for Nicky, genuinely.
5. Elias won in Portugal, that is still one of the best rides I've ever seen from one of my favorite riders.

I'm still annoyed with the series for the gross mis-handling of the qualifying incident and the yellow flag incident, and the fact that Nicky could still win despite that, and his teammate knocking him off is really cool. Sure I wish he would have won more races, but what can you expect when a guy like Rossi is on the track? Not much more, to be honest (other than NOT getting knocked off by your teammate I suppose).

A

·
0 Posts
i want to put a gun and a knife to my head
im gutted
im in an absolute state of disbelief, sadness
i just dont know how i will get through the next twelve months
and im not joking
well maybe the first line
but thoughts are there

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
unbelievable race.... I was hoping for another win for Rossi but it is racing, things happen, Rossi did make mistakes and Nicky was the most productive rider of the season, congrats to him!

fairytale weekend for Bayliss, reminded me of Olivier's 2nd place finish in Chinese GP last year, I guess sometime one gets extra motivations as and outsider? but a big congrats to Bayliss, I am happy for him.

Great season! thanks to those courageous riders for the battles.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The Ducati has to be the best bike in GP by far and Bridgestone is getting better by the race. Last year they only had a few tracks dialed in, this year they had seven or eight.... watch out next year. Stoner won't be riding a left-over bike like he was this year with Honda.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
anothermvfanatic said:
im gutted
and im not joking
but thoughts are there

It wasn't Rossi, it was that POS Yamaha he was riding. Take Rossi out of the picture and Yamaha got ONE podium all year long. If it weren't for Rossi the Suzuki AND the Kawasaki would have kicked their asses and they're pretty crappy bikes.

·
Registered
398 Posts
emmvee said:
Stoner won't be riding a left-over bike like he was this year with Honda.
I just hope he doesn't bankrupt Ducati cause he sure does throw bikes down on the tarmac a lot.

Maybe those Bridgestones will help that :)

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
acruhl said:
That is NOT the race I wanted to see Nicky ride in. I wanted him to prove that he could hang with Rossi and possibly even beat him when the cards are on the table. I don't think anyone could doubt the possibility of that happening today, no matter how big a Rossi fan you are.
Nicky did do that today, he raced Rossi straight up and won, period. Rossi out-qualified, had a better grid position and had no mechaniocal failures, Rossi has no excuses other than he got beat (a wise man once said "in order to finish first, you must first finish"). I think your scenerio would have been better if it was winner take all and the points were nearly equal going in. I really had my doubts going in that it would work out for Nicky at Valencia but I am elated for him. I've been watching Nicky since his days at Hypercycle Suzuki and am glad I have had the chance to see him realize his dream.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
rramseyr said:
I just hope he doesn't bankrupt Ducati cause he sure does throw bikes down on the tarmac a lot.

Maybe those Bridgestones will help that :)
To Honda he was just another rider they could snap up and keep from riding for other teams, just another cog in the machine. To Ducati he represents a serious investment and good part of the future. I think Ducati will do a great job of coaching him and bringing him along. And for some reason, Aussies do quite well on the red bikes. ;)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Today is the absolute worst day for all moto race fans....

The best man should always win.... clearly that did not happen!

Like someone said earlier in this post, it would've been nice to see Hayden win a head to head battle with Rossi.... but we know that'll never happen! Hayden's great at following, not at leading, nor winning for that matter.

3 mechanical DNF's and 2 crashes is what Hayden should be grateful for.

How about Bayliss? That dude is unbelievable!! Great race for him and Ducati!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Vlad Drac said:
Today is the absolute worst day for all moto race fans....

The best man should always win.... clearly that did not happen!

Like someone said earlier in this post, it would've been nice to see Hayden win a head to head battle with Rossi.... but we know that'll never happen! Hayden's great at following, not at leading, nor winning for that matter.

3 mechanical DNF's and 2 crashes is what Hayden should be grateful for.

How about Bayliss? That dude is unbelievable!! Great race for him and Ducati!
Vlad, Vlad, Vlad. You should petition Dorna and get the points thrown out of MotoGP and just count wins. Because winning only counts in a race? That is what you should do. Points are stupid and you should only count wins :blah:

We all should be proud to have Rossi and Hayden making this championship in 2006 one of the most if not THE most exciting motoGP season of ALL time. It was great throughout the entire 17 races. What more could a motorcycle fan ask for? Well I guess you could ask to throw out points and just count wins :) That would make sense or rather no sense at all.

Nicky is a great person, great competitor and held onto the championship all season long despite Repsol Honda HRC having him test a bike for next year during the home stretch of the MotoGP championship.

HRC HONDA: "Here Nicky try a new clutch for us, oops it doesn't work we can't fix it but Dani's works just fine?"

Oh, and don't get me going about Dani's suicide attempt on Hayden last week. That is just insane to do that to your teamate who just happens to be leading the series and everyone knows it! But again points mean nothing?

Next year they should cancel the season and just give it to Rossi. Why bother racing its just about who wins anyway. Screw points 2006 was a boring season if I ever saw one.

And in case you missed recording the, "worst day for all moto fans?" I have it tivo'd so you can rehash it over and over again :)

Vlad its all in good fun but common this was a great win and great season.

"Chasin a Dream"
"All in 69"
Nicky Hayden
2006 MotoGP World Champion! :yo:

·
Registered
398 Posts
emmvee said:
To Honda he was just another rider they could snap up and keep from riding for other teams, just another cog in the machine. To Ducati he represents a serious investment and good part of the future. I think Ducati will do a great job of coaching him and bringing him along. And for some reason, Aussies do quite well on the red bikes. ;)
It's to bad that Ducati didn't have another season on the 990 sedici they had it going all season long until the accident with Capi and Sete. I really think they might have this motogp thing down now and will make some noise this year. Let's just put it this way more R&D money is heading there way after today's results. What a way to end the season 1, 2!

I have always liked Bayliss so I was happy to see him put it down today.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Congrats to Nicky! He rode a tough season and deserves it to win the title, because he was the constant rider. Always fast, everytime good for a top five, and no crashes, no tchnical problems.

The fastest and best rider, Valentino, had too much problems with the bike and rode always 110% - so he crashed twice and had severaly mechanical breakdowns.

Also in this race, Vale had some big problems: He could not overtake Stoner for 4 laps (which he normaly does in one corner), and he even could not reach the lap times of the long runs in the trainings at all. I think, they changed a little bit the setup and it was a bad decission.
The lap times of the long runs were in the range of Bayliss/Capirossi with about 1'33"400 laps, but he could not get the pace in the race. Something went wrong... :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I would have placed a double bet on Schumacher and Rossi to win their respective world championships. :jsm: I'll put the money I've saved towards my Titanium exhaust fund! :laughing: Congratulations to Nicky Hayden, can't wait to see the 800's in action next year. :drummer:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
anothermvfanatic said:
im gutted
and im not joking
but thoughts are there
seriously?
Valentino has had SO MUCH success in recent years...
and he will have that success again very soon
isn't it nice to see someone ELSE win for a change? :)

i surely hope that you WILL make it through the winter

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 64 Posts