MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I finally had the chance to meet Chris (GreenEggs) the other night - great guy and I look forward to actually riding with him and his F4 with some very sweet mods.

So who's around from the NoVa/DC/MD crew this weekend? It's a long weekend and figured I'd throw it out there. Can be either a ride or a breakfast meet - let everyone walking by drool over a collection of real italian motor art.

:stickpoke

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Lets Ride!

It was great to get a chance to meet Chris(Burgess), always nice to meet another MV enthuisiest that loves talking bikes!!

Being that this is long weekend it would be great to get out and go for a ride, whether it be a morning ride or whatever. i am 100% go to go riding on either Sat or Monday.

Burg, if no one else can make it down or we can't get all the way up to annapolis we should hit some of the roads you usually ride and then i will take you around to some of mine.

I will keep an eye on the board to see if we can organize something. Sorry Fred, wish you could come out and play with us. :shitfan:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm took Friday off and I'll probably be out on the bike most of the weekend. Let me know if/when you want to meet - possibly something early on sat? You have to take it easy on me since I only have that little Brute 750. Hehe

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
yeah it sucks, but i'll be back sooner than later. at least now i don't have to try and figure out how to strap a crutch to the MV. just waiting for parts.

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Saturday early would be great for me. It also seems like we could have another to join in the fun. If saturday works early would be the best for me as well. i am going to start throwing out some times. 8 am you can pick the place chris and i will just meet you there. maybe we can head north to try and include dmax in our ride. let me know what you think.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure, early and north are ok with me. I don't know MD too well, though, but I'd be up for a ride up there. Are you talking about a hard core burn up there or what?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
never that. chris doesn't do hard core burns. that's why he likes to leave so early. it takes him forever to get anywhere. a real granny on the gas. :laughing:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
style_one said:
never that. chris doesn't do hard core burns. that's why he likes to leave so early. it takes him forever to get anywhere. a real granny on the gas. :laughing:

Oh yeah? I think I might have heard thru the grapevine that you're a bad influence then....

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Don't listen to a word fred says :stickpoke there is nothing wrong with feeding some speed to your ride!!!

No i don't think it will be a hard core burn the whole ride, if we find some roads that we can get used to after a couple of runs maybe we can pick up the pace.

Fred, you have any advice on a good ride going up north, i was thinking about hitting up 15 using some of the back roads that i am sure burgess knows to get out there. if 8 isn't to early i can meet you somewhere in Reston, just let me know Chris.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
8am should be fine. I don't think Friday's going to be a super late night...although, you never know. I'm not getting hitched like you so I can still go out and play late night. :hump:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry guys but just got an e-mail from a client and he wants me to race with him on Saturday so the ride is out for me. Where are you guys located? How far south of Annapolis?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I live in Reston - about 20 or 30 mins outside of DC.

Chris, since it's just you and me, I say we just head west for a while. Maybe out past Purcellville. I've done a lot of cycling out there and there are some great roads. I don't have any routes memorized, but I might try and pick up a map. Ever been up and over Mt Weather?

Actually, speaking of weather, we need to keep an eye on it. We might get Ernesto'd. :cussing:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
yeah, i hope the weather holds good for you.

unfortunately, i don't know of to many roads and the ones i do know i don't know any street names. i just know by sight. too bad we didn't make it there last time, but we will soon.

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Chris,
that sounds good to me, i am always up for finding new roads to hit. I think the weather will be fine, at least that is always what i tell myself when it comes to riding. where do you want to meet?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If we're heading west, I can shoot out your way. Not sure whereabouts you live in the Tilly, any thoughts on where best to meet?

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
There is a Sunoco that is located next to a staples that is right next to my house. if we meet there we can take rte 50 to pretty much anywhere we are looking to go. you firmiliar with where i am talking about?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is that right off FFX Cty parkway? I think I know the one you mean. I'll give you a call to work out the details.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts