MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
I was shown this is work on Friday the video shows the result of doing this. Be warned it contains disturbing sounds and images.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTaZX3NEkRk
Good work Andrew...

Don't need to say anything...except that this does, has and will happen.

I see lots of vehicles these days crossing the centre line ..clearly driver is not on the ball and this is probably the reason on many of those occasions.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
One of my pet peeves is people who use these devices while driving. That and tailgaters.
I may be one of very few people on the forum who does not own a mobile phone.

·
Registered
837 Posts
The wife of my ex-boss was killed by a woman driving in the rain, on her phone, over the speed limit and two bald tyres on her Mercedes. She got a 18mth suspended sentence ........

I seem to see an increasing number of delivery drivers, builders/contractors and teenagers (especially girls) using the phone whilst driving. My employer refuses to fit handsfree kits, as their policy is to turn phones to silent when you get behind the wheel.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
A good, realistic vid of what can happen and unfortunately does happen too often.

When I was commuting in slow moving traffic at peak hour on my bike, every second or third driver was on the phone, often drifting across lanes and generally creating danger for other users. I hated that shit. I would sound the horn and rev up right next to them, or even "knock" on their window...

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Illinois just passed a law on January 1 outlawing the use of a hand held cell phone while driving. I don't think it has done any good....I still see the same amount of people talking on their cell phones and driving. Amazing.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
One of my pet peeves is people who use these devices while driving. That and tailgaters.
Why, Dave, that's a crazy thing to say!

You're probably the only person on this forum who does not own a mobile phone.

·
Registered
465 Posts

I seem to see an increasing number of delivery drivers, builders/contractors and teenagers (especially girls) using the phone whilst driving. My employer refuses to fit handsfree kits, as their policy is to turn phones to silent when you get behind the wheel.
Despite it being illegal in the UK, I see so many people doing it! When I was almost taken out on the F3 by an idiot on his phone, he got a very loud bang on his window when he stopped. He just stared straight ahead and wouldn't even look at me.

Today I was almost rear ended in the Z4 by a teenage girl on her phone. I could see her in the rear view mirror. I had to hit the horn to wake her up!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Despite it being illegal in the UK, I see so many people doing it! When I was almost taken out on the F3 by an idiot on his phone, he got a very loud bang on his window when he stopped. He just stared straight ahead and wouldn't even look at me.

Today I was almost rear ended in the Z4 by a teenage girl on her phone. I could see her in the rear view mirror. I had to hit the horn to wake her up!
A few years ago, this guy who grew up in my neighborhood, was killed on his motorcycle when a teenage girl talking on her cellphone pulled in front of him. I'm sure she probably just got a slap on the wrist.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
A good, realistic vid of what can happen and unfortunately does happen too often.

When I was commuting in slow moving traffic at peak hour on my bike, every second or third driver was on the phone, often drifting across lanes and generally creating danger for other users. I hated that shit. I would sound the horn and rev up right next to them, or even "knock" on their window...

I've often considered the "knock", however here in California that May get me shot.

Illinois just passed a law on January 1 outlawing the use of a hand held cell phone while driving. I don't think it has done any good....I still see the same amount of people talking on their cell phones and driving. Amazing.

I really took about a year for people here in California to take it serious, there's still a lot of room for improvement.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Why, Dave, that's a crazy thing to say!

You're probably the only person on this forum who does not own a mobile phone.
I'd bet he's the only person on the planet that owns 3 F4s and no cell phone.....

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
I find that very honorable and it deserves respect!

My kids don't get a smartphone and we get very often criticized. The other day our 11 old son celebrated his birthday and one of the mothers of the other kids said something like 'whaaaaaaat??? Doesn't your son have no iphone????' as if that was the biggest scandal in this world. My wife calmly replied to her: 'why does he need an iphone, is he in business orso??'

We are all making each other crazy in this society. With accidents like in the movie as a result...

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Dave's a lot smarter than all of us I recon.
I have three mobile phones/smartphones, 2 computers, iPad mini, and a big arse Laptop. I hate the time it takes away from me, but I love the info they feeds me.

Both my kids bought their first phones with their own money, once they saved up enough from their first jobs.
I built them a PC which they shared for schoolwork, until they where issued with MAC's by the schools in Year10.

African version of "hands-free".

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
hmmm, my input on this one. Yes i use my smartphone while driving, i do a lot of things while driving(i see the jokes coming in). but i guess i use my phone in a smart way. it is a smartphone, right!. so i managed to hack into my navigation screen so it mirrors my phone. if im on a call i use bluetooth for calls. if i get a text or email i see it on my nav screen & if i need to answer the text or email i have 3 options 1-use voice command and send it with whatever the phone understands i said 2- wait for a red light & reply to message by typing it on the screen. and/or 3-it can just simply wait. i know i may get some frowns on this but im just being honest. i love technology & try to use it to my advantage but i also love my life and i try to perform normal things in a safe manner most of the time. Now while riding i forget it about, unlike other ppl ive seen taking selfies. now that is a lot dumber than me.

·
Registered
435 Posts
This photo was taken in Sydney, on our busy M2 in peak hour, txting on his Monster. Was snapped by a commuter in a bus, Police chased him up, he was on his Learners permit, emphasising the word "WAS"

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's a good example of what really happens most people can't leave them alone. Recently a young woman driver knocked down and killed an elderly couple who were walking along on the pavement holding hands. The girl admitted later to using a moblie phone which caused her to loose control and hit the couple,she now faces a prison sentance for causing death by dangerous driving an offence that carries a minimum 5yr term.She is only 23yrs old.The couple were in their 80s.

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
wtf??????

Carlos you are a hazard to EVERYONE on the road including yourself.......I don't know about in your State but here you're breaking the law too

why so you can be High Tech?????? get a fucking life:wtf::wtf::wtf:

about 6 months ago a little old lady was killed in a crosswalk at a stop sign.......2 blocks from my house some dickhead on the phone blew the stop sign killing the woman

1 - 18 of 18 Posts