MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, I have absolutely no ties to this company in any way shape or form and thought this could be of use to other forumites who had the same problem as I.

I've wanted a bike lift/work bench for quite a while but don't have the dedicated floor space to have one sitting there constantly when not in use.

Anyhow a pic is worth a thousand words, just finished my mini service on F4 which is the service in-between the factory 6K services, I do a mini service, oil & fluids & a checkover including hub every 3K - now I am looking forward to the next bike to service :laughing: - check this out:

F4 on stand rasied:

Lowered:

Folded:

Stored away until next time:

The model in the pic is the cruiser lift, there's also a smaller sportbike model but I opted for the larger one as my brother in law has Harleys & can borrow it if required.

It weighs 63 kgs, has wheels on one end & easily movable by one person to get into position and to store up right. it works off both compressed air & hydraulic & has a safety locking bar should anything fail. I must say though that lifting hydraulically is quite a feat and it is like 100 pumps (or it feels that way) to move 6 inches - with the compressor it goes to max height in less than 10 seconds. It needs a 120PSI rated compressor.

As I said I have no interest in the company but after using it this weekend I wish I had! :)

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
yes robbbie

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoopsey

all good and well but who sells/makes the bloody thing?
:laughing: Hey Russ I guess that would have been useful info, don't you just prefer pretty pics? :laughing:

Sold by: Steve Hart (in you neck of the woods) - really nice guy to deal with :)

See demo/details @
http://www.hartstransport.com.au/

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
:laughing: Hey Russ I guess that would have been useful info, don't you just prefer pretty pics? :laughing:

Sold by: Steve Hart (in you neck of the woods) - really nice guy to deal with :)

See demo/details @
http://www.hartstransport.com.au/
Very nice Rob.

Garage is looking great since the last time I saw it! :yo:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Very nice Rob.

Garage is looking great since the last time I saw it! :yo:
Hi Glenn, Yes thanks mate, finishing the 350 "Tributo Ago" (which was that 'pile of junk' you saw laying all over the place) was a big boost - to cleaning up the garage & repainting it & doing the floor.

That's a nice lift and at $749 US a good deal:

http://www.kendonusa.com/cruiserlift.html
They are a little more expensive here in Australia but I reckon worth it - they are pretty well built nice finish. I like that they have 4 tie down points as well.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Great product Rob, could have used that today instead of being on my knees

·
Super Moderator
21,442 Posts
I have had a Kendon Lift for years...albeit not with the air lift feature. I just hand pump mine up. (There's a joke in there somewhere.) Nice piece of kit. Just be careful when loading a heavy bike as the forward momentum can bend the wheel stop loop.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great product Rob, could have used that today instead of being on my knees
I am getting too old to be on my knees - you are talking about bikes right? It not a precursor to Chuck's hand pumping joke is it? :laughing:

I have had a Kendon Lift for years...albeit not with the air lift feature. I just hand pump mine up. (There's a joke in there somewhere.) Nice piece of kit. Just be careful when loading a heavy bike as the forward momentum can bend the wheel stop loop.
Thanks Chucky that good info to for me (and others) to get from a long term user of the product, I'll keep an eye on that. I am lucky to have a few good friends that own engineering firms so if it starts to look problematic I'll ask a favour and have them reinforce it :) Better still I might not lend it to my brother in law & his damn Harleys & prolong its life :laughing:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi MVista,
How's the quality of the lift and how long did they take to ship it out to you?
This is from the place in the Dandy area?

Thanks, Brian

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi MVista,
How's the quality of the lift and how long did they take to ship it out to you?
This is from the place in the Dandy area?

Thanks, Brian
Hi Brian,

The quality seems good, nicely finished - in all honesty I thought it would have been a higher gauge steel but then again, it wouldn't then be a one man operation to move & store. It seemed to handle the F4 like there was nothing on it - so that's good I suppose.

Not sure about the Dandy area - I thought they were in Melbourne but to me everything south of the border is Melbourne :)

I ordered it on a Saturday afternoon and it was at my house Thursday - so pretty I was happy with that!

The quality of the accessories, frame jack, oil pan drainer & tool shelf are good too.

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
619 Posts
Nice lift.
I just finished maintenance on my Softail and the F4 on the Harbor Freight lift.
This lift is the newer model, the one from a few years ago was not as sturdy.
Foot pump operated.
No complaints here. My back is thanking me!

Ed :0

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Nice lift.
I just finished maintenance on my Softail and the F4 on the Harbor Freight lift.
This lift is the newer model, the one from a few years ago was not as sturdy.
Foot pump operated.
No complaints here. My back is thanking me!

Ed :0

Thanks Ed - that's good to know as I bought it site unseen. It looks good enough but no idea of longevity - given what you & Chuck have said re: older models that seems to augur well for years of trouble free use, makes me happier about my acquisition. :)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
well as soon as i get my new goodies i will be getting one of these
so any brizzy owners who need a mc lift next month you can borrow mine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts