MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
salvage parts

b42day said:
Does anybody know of a good source of used parts for the F4? The piece highlighted in the picture below managed to fell off the bike while on a ride today. It is the silver small side fairing that attaches to the left side of the fuel tank. I need the left side only. Any help is much appreciated.
Carlos

Great place is ebay,theres a place i buy my stuff from in new hampsher he is on ebay quite alot. he sells alot of aprilia and thats what got me to call,im sure he has a few MV parts too. we low sided my bike and ended up buying a matching fairing from a salvaged bike in the land down under. if price doesnt bug you im sure someone has it, good luck

eric aka lost soul :ahhh:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just purchased my MV, but so far the used parts resale market looks pretty bleak.

It makes the volume of used parts avalable for my previous duc superbike seem like a Honda or HD in comparison. And I always thought THAT was a small market.

I get the feeling that if I ever had a lowside, or something of the sort, I'd be laying out the cash for retail new parts unless I wanted to wait several months to source the used parts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, Ive just bought a solo seat unit on e-bay from a guy called Terry hand. He said he has quite alot of spare body work and should I require anything to give him a call.
He has got a bike on e-bay at the moment for spares. He is in the U.K might be worth giving him a call.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Guys

Some good news - I will be able to help out here shortly!

I have just purchased a crashed Ago that I couldn't bear to be broken for parts and I now intend to restore to it to its former glory.

The only way to do this was to buy a donor 750 - hence I will be parting out a 2002 750 and selling everything apart from forks and bodywork - including the frame and title!

More to come later - but PM in the interim if there is anything you need urgently.

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
deimh said:
Guys

Some good news - I will be able to help out here shortly!

I have just purchased a crashed Ago that I couldn't bear to be broken for parts and I now intend to restore to it to its former glory.

The only way to do this was to buy a donor 750 - hence I will be parting out a 2002 750 and selling everything apart from forks and bodywork - including the frame and title!

More to come later - but PM in the interim if there is anything you need urgently.

Cheers
Dave

What a great project, Ago...my all time fav, what # did you buy, and also any chance of some photos of how the whole project take shape?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts