MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I found a Used 750 Brutale at a dealer has 6700 miles on it,and the bike will have new fork seals,and some Misc stuff,before the new owner takes it. . They just it on Trade so its not offically for sale yet,but The guy knows i want a 750. Ive been out of touch of MV pricing for the last two years so my question is. What is the going prices for these? Thanks!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I purchased one in Rhode Island last month for $6900. 2004 with 5000 miles. The only mods for the bike that I know of are some carbon bits and an arrow mid pipe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought one, not from a dealer, in the Seattle area last August for $5700. It is a 2004 and had 3640 miles on it. Stock except for bar ends and bar end mirrors.(stock stuff was in a box) Still had the OEM battery, tires etc. Always garaged, looks new.
Kelly blue book has a suggested price of $5,810 for a 2004 (Seattle zip code, excellent condition, expected miles - 24,200). Unlike for cars KBB doesn't seem to give any milage adjustment. It also doesn't give dealer versus private purchase differences.
Kelly Blue Book is here:
http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just purchased mine from a private party for $6900. It's a 2005 750S with 382 miles. Had a couple of accessories: carbon fiber rear hugger with integrated chain guard and an MV specific small windscreen.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its priced at $6999 with 6700 miles its been dropped in the garage,and has new brakes,and fork seals.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At least a grand too high. You can get a 910 for that.
Somone from here called me today,he Is gonna give it a good look over.
Just gotta find out who. I just got out of the Studio when he called.
so i had music still in my hears. Thanks!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I submited a offer of $5500 to the dealer just to start to get the ball rolling, He told me That he didnt buy it for that low,and thats not even the price for the work he just put into it.

This bike has cosmetic damage.

He didnt even throw me a counter offer. This is the bike in question

http://www.portlandusedbikes.com/

The only Brute they have for sale.

Makes me think he isnt serious about selling,any ideas what i should do?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Maybe a forum member has a bike for sale you could buy. To quote one of my favorite movies, "tell him he's dreaming."

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm thinking of selling mine. 2005 750s with 17,500 miles. I'm on the east coast. Silver is the original set up. But I have it set up with red rear fairing, red passenger seat, black drivers seat, red front fender.
never been down. I have all the silver fairing to as well as the red drivers seat and silver passengers seat. Has new fuse box unit.

pics in my album.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm thinking of selling mine. 2005 750s with 17,500 miles. I'm on the east coast. Silver is the original set up. But I have it set up with red rear fairing, red passenger seat, black drivers seat, red front fender.
never been down. I have all the silver fairing to as well as the red drivers seat and silver passengers seat. Has new fuse box unit.

pics in my album.
Thanks,But ive been instructed to find a dealer,so i can get a loan. Ive never financed anything,I tryied to buy a car last month and because im a first time buyer, They wouldnt give me a decent deal even with $5k down,on a 25k wrangler. I bought the aprilia cash,back when the dinosaurs walked the earth. lol

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
i really want a 750,so the search continues. Dealer in portland told me to buy the 910 if its such a great deal. :jerkoff:
He's a douche--He'll still have that bike for sale in a year if he stays at that price, but you might not want to wait that long.

Problem here is that MVs are rare, esp in the US. Used ones for sale are rare, even more so at a dealer, cause dealers really low-ball the trade-in value, so it make more sense to sell it yourself.

I'd say try to get a personal loan from a bank or credit union, then find a nice clean one (call CAG).

·
Registered
626 Posts
He's a douche--.

I'd say try to get a personal loan from a bank or credit union, then find a nice clean one (call CAG).

YES! Check a few online loan places. I used capitaloneautofinance.com in the past however they may not do motorcycle loans anymore. Check lendingtree.com etc.. You get a blank check in the mail good for up to what you are approved and then go find your bike, negotiate the price, bam. Done deal. Get a 910. (although a 750 is attractive to me BECAUSE its a smaller displacement!)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts