MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably posted in the wrong area, but can anyone tell where i can purchase Original MV apparel here in the US online. everything i find is either UK or Italy. also tried FBF, Pro Italia, Gutsy, moto wheels, Ebay and all i find is either fake stuff(ebay) or ducati apparel. and my local dealer (small shop) barely have a helmet for sale :wtf:(they do have about 6 MVs and few other bikes). reason for me looking in the US is due to im leaving on Vacation next friday morning and would like to bring some stuff with me there. so shipping time is crucial. thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
from my understanding MV has not imported much of anything aside from motorcycles since 2007.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
from my understanding MV has not imported much of anything aside from motorcycles since 2007.
I believe you are correct. My local dealer used to have a large selection of leathers and shirts plus gloves way back about that time and now there are a few left over shirts collecting dust

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:bawling: my local dealer had a t-shirt that i thought fit me, so i bought and when i get home and try it:shitfan:. i was streching the arm and belly section so much it was embarassing, my wife started laughing and said yup too small time to loose some weight:eek:nthecan:
so im hoping someone may know of a place maybe that may have items in stock.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I bought a couple of items directly from the website http://www.mvagusta.it/en/common/shop/collection and had them delivered to family in France the past couple years so I could pick them up at my yearly visit. Selection is minimal and shipping costs from Italy to France are simply outrageous so I don't even want to think about shipping costs to the US.
My local dealer has a couple MV t-shirts for sale if you don't mind having their logo on the back http://www.munroesf.com/mumomvagsh.html
Nimno is correct about the size. I wear size L T-shirt in the US but ordered size XL T-shirts and sweaters from MV and they were fine.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ducati and MV clothing run VERY small! I always go up a size sometimes two.
They don't run VERY small, Americans just run VERY big

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes they do , recently visited Disney World in Orlando . I have never seen so many fat people !!!:):):):)
HEY! we are not fat, we are big boned :cross:

but i prefer Fluffy :laughing:

i tried a large at the dealer, and it almost fit... NOT! but i think i would fit in a XXL or maybe XXXL. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I have been searching for the last few days too...can't find anything. The Metro Racing shirt is the only option available, but I am not a big fan of a big painted logo on my shirt. A nicer embroidered logo would be better.

It almost seems like MV isn't into promoting their brand like Ducati.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you are damn right, i go into the dealer with ducati and the have EVERYTHING. i say to myself "damn imma buy a ducati just cause of all this nice gear"
i go into the mv section of the dealer, and they dont even have an oil filter.....

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I have been searching for the last few days too...can't find anything. The Metro Racing shirt is the only option available, but I am not a big fan of a big painted logo on my shirt. A nicer embroidered logo would be better.

This may not help you much since you are in Boston, but I was just at Moto Forza in Escondido, California today and they have a lot of MV Agusta clothing. Women's, men's, t-shirts, jackets, caps, etc.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
This is not entirely true and I give You credit because You are fairly new to MV Agusta.
MV Agusta tried since 2002, I believe, to sell their merchandise. It started in 2002 with the MV Agusta Corse (CRC) range, contin ued in 2005 with the first clothing catalogue of MV Agusta merchandise, 2007 with the next catalogue, I believe another catalogue in 2009 and now we have the actual merchandise since 2010 or so.
The actual stuff and some older merchandise (for sale) You can find on www.mvagusta.it
But other dealers and online dealers sell still stuff from the early Years. Hence the Hyrdrogen casual stuff, the Lockwell and Spyke riding gear.
Now why is it that there is not much of the stuff at Your dealership?
One reason is in my eyes that the dealer marging on all MV Agusta merchandise is as low as 5%. To stock up their merchandise in Your store is leaving you consequently with a bigger investment and the chance that You might have not the right design in the right size and sell nothing to the few felows to whom You sold Your bikes. And so leading into a deficite.
Secondly I fear that many dealers do not know, or don't want to know. that all the current merchandise can be ordered directly by the dealer. In the same way he orders spare parts, tools or bikes.
But to say that MV Agusta is not trying to promote their brand with no merchandise is frankly said wrong.

·
Registered
352 Posts
This is not entirely true and I give You credit because You are fairly new to MV Agusta.
MV Agusta tried since 2002, I believe, to sell their merchandise. It started in 2002 with the MV Agusta Corse (CRC) range, contin ued in 2005 with the first clothing catalogue of MV Agusta merchandise, 2007 with the next catalogue, I believe another catalogue in 2009 and now we have the actual merchandise since 2010 or so.
The actual stuff and some older merchandise (for sale) You can find on www.mvagusta.it
But other dealers and online dealers sell still stuff from the early Years. Hence the Hyrdrogen casual stuff, the Lockwell and Spyke riding gear.
Now why is it that there is not much of the stuff at Your dealership?
One reason is in my eyes that the dealer marging on all MV Agusta merchandise is as low as 5%. To stock up their merchandise in Your store is leaving you consequently with a bigger investment and the chance that You might have not the right design in the right size and sell nothing to the few felows to whom You sold Your bikes. And so leading into a deficite.
Secondly I fear that many dealers do not know, or don't want to know. that all the current merchandise can be ordered directly by the dealer. In the same way he orders spare parts, tools or bikes.
But to say that MV Agusta is not trying to promote their brand with no merchandise is frankly said wrong.
I agree with what you have said, but in my experience it has been impossible to get hold of genuine MV merchandise. I have visited about 5 MV dealers in the last 1yr and have not seen any merchandise with a MV logo on it. The dealers don't stock them (at least the ones I visited) and in my conversation with them, have no intentions of stocking them...(less profit, more hassle with ordering, less demand...who knows).

MV may be trying the promote the brand by launching a catalog every few years, but is that enough? IMO, it is not. Ducati has a brand following and I frequently see even non-riders sporting Ducati shirts, keychains etc. If MV offers less margin to dealers on merchandise, then maybe they should look at increasing that margin and lowering costs to make the merchandise affordable for customers and profitable for dealers. I don't mind spending $60 on a shirt, but I am sure not everyone can do the same.

Moto Forza may have a some stock of MV apparel, but that is partly because they purchased the leftover inventory from Fast By Ferracci when MV transitioned their business from FBF to their US subsidiary. Here is the thread about it.

The point is that even if MV offers a catalog, the merchandise still needs to be made readily available and affordable for customers. If I remember correctly, Ducati t-shirts start at $20 and every dealer carries a huge stock...including key chains, shoes and even helmets. I was looking to buy a MV helmet earlier this year and the cheapest I could find was like $2k :jsm:...ended up getting a solid silver helmet and put some MV stickers on it. Well, I guess I can do the same for clothing...buy a solid shirt and get it embroidered... lol.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
We have a slightly different problem here in Canada. I believe that the dealers would stock items if the distributor would have something for them to stock. The MV Canada rep informed me in an email that some items, like MV branded Suomy helmets, do not meet the minimum safety standards for all provinces. Therefore, as a national supplier they can not bring such items into the country. I’ve also heard that it’s because they are still building their dealer network. As it grows so too will the catalogue of items they are able (willing) to bring in.

What I’ve observed is, of the three dealers in Ontario only Ride Cycles had any clothing and it was all older stock. One of the MV stores I recently visited in the states had nothing and the other had only a couple sun visor style hats, (looks like a baseball cap but without the cap part). It’s been very frustrating as I like to show my support and all I’ve been able to collect in over a year is a pin, a white F4 zippered fleece and a used silver/black fabric F4 cold weather riding jacket.

Oh and this issue isn’t limited to just clothing either. Parts and accessories are just as hard to come by. Ordered the factory alarm system for my F3 on July 20th and it’s just now in. Will be installed this Friday, Oct. 5th when the bike goes in for the latest map update. Still can’t get carbon fibre prices. These are items that should have been in stock even before the bikes were in the country. Would have been nice to take delivery with some items installed as some photos of bikes in Europe showed. I’ve never known a manufacturer to award a franchise to a shop without ensuring the shop knows what parts they need to keep in stock. Yet not one dealer in Ontario had oil filters for the F3 when the bikes started to come in for the first services.

As Granny Clampett would say,

“Pitiful simply pitiful!”

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
MV gear?

MV gear?

don't expect your dealer to have it, in the US MV AgustaUSA was sitting on all of it
go through Moto Forza's list......its there, 40% off

maxcorse (Larry Ferracci) has stuff all the time, watch the FS Section

hey ProItalia is probably the biggest US MV dealer.....no Factory stuff at all

i have 9 MV factory jackets/leathers, the Cordura ones are embroidered, the leather ones have leather emblems.....yup, got the screaming red LookWells, solo jacket, one piece leathers and the black solo jacket

3 weeks ago a new set of CRC/MVAgusta XL coveralls came up......buy it now......bam, got them
my name will be embroidered for BubbaIV

looking for a Euro 54/44 vintage MV jacket in distressed natural leather

i don't have trouble ordering from Italy.......they are MV people.....a certain Aussie explained who I am:naughty:

·
Registered
352 Posts
I sent a list of 10 different MV shirts (US M/EU50 size, with product numbers) to couple of dealers in US and 3 in Italy, including one of the forum sponsors. No one has any of them in stock and they can't get me those shirts because as per them "they are not available". Searched on eBay for US and non-US sellers and found just 2 shirts that I didn't want.

Whoever says that it is easy to get MV apparel and that it can be sourced from Italy, is probably not aware of the way MV handles their apparel business.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts