1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Interesting comparing the differences in the two articles. The first is still quoting the old MSRP of $13,498 (although it did mention the bike comes with electronic shift) while the second one has the updated price. Some other statements have me wondering if these people attended the same preview or rode the same bikes.
Funny that MV would switch rubber. I’m sure they thought it would enhance the on-track experience but it seems to have done just the opposite, if certain test riders are to be believed?

Still, it’s entertaining. We’ll just have to see who writes what next.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Interesting comparing the differences in the two articles. The first is still quoting the old MSRP of $13,498 (although it did mention the bike comes with electronic shift) while the second one has the updated price. Some other statements have me wondering if these people attended the same preview or rode the same bikes.
Funny that MV would switch rubber. I’m sure they thought it would enhance the on-track experience but it seems to have done just the opposite, if certain test riders are to be believed?

Still, it’s entertaining. We’ll just have to see who writes what next.
Yeah that is odd about the rubber switch. What's up with that? If I were a manufacturer I would stick with one since I would think (not that I claim to know much) that how a bike feels, handles, reacts is very very dependent on rubber quality.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have ran all the latest tires and by far in my opinion the dunlop Q2 is the best street tire out at the moment. The difference between dunlop and pirelli is the stiffness in the carcus of the tire. Dunlops are way stiffer which means the setup of suspension will need to be adjusted to compensate for the tire stiffness. I have a new set waiting on my f3 to arrive. The pirelli is a great tire. But I have found the street tire such as the diablo rosso give little or no feedback after getting greasy. Never had an issue with pirelli race tires. They are all I run on the race bike. Plus there contengency money is better at the track. Lol

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
It really upsets me to see a Red/Silver F3 on American soil and it is being used as a test bike while so many of us have been waiting for this particular bike for almost 2 years. :jerkoff:

Why can't they test them in the color they have the most of and let us take delivery of the bikes we've been waiting for? :jsm:

I am REALLY thinking of pulling my deposit and not getting this freaking bike out of pure anger. For those that know me, know I don't get angry (or you've never seen me angry), but when I do.... :bandit:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
It really upsets me to see a Red/Silver F3 on American soil and it is being used as a test bike while so many of us have been waiting for this particular bike for almost 2 years. :jerkoff:

Why can't they test them in the color they have the most of and let us take delivery of the bikes we've been waiting for? :jsm:

I am REALLY thinking of pulling my deposit and not getting this freaking bike out of pure anger. For those that know me, know I don't get angry (or you've never seen me angry), but when I do.... :bandit:
You are feeling no different then many others here. We all know your frustration.
As for the test bikes, they may not be from this new shipment. They probably are press bikes brought in for these tests. Here in Canada MV have two “display” bikes that have been in North America since last November. These may in fact be the vary same bikes. Already broke in and track tested.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Yet another F3 review, same as many others. Gees, you’d think that somebody at MV would have got the hint by now. Either fix the damn problems so the media (and us) get to ride the bike as it’s meant to be or, stop giving the media free track days until the damn problems are fixed!

Costa Mouzouris rides the F3 at NJMP.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yet another F3 review, same as many others. Gees, you’d think that somebody at MV would have got the hint by now. Either fix the damn problems so the media (and us) get to ride the bike as it’s meant to be or, stop giving the media free track days until the damn problems are fixed!

Costa Mouzouris rides the F3 at NJMP.
Good review and truly reflect the core issues of the bike. He says-
"An optional electronic module adds both wheelie control and a lean sensor to the bike’s standard traction control, so if you’re intimidated by a little headshake, get it."

What electronic module is he talking about?

Even though my bike's fuel mapping is much better now after getting the map update during first break-in service, it still needs some improvement. The issues that I am currently seeing are:
1. I frequently get Neutral when trying to upshift from first.
2. Sometimes after I start the bike and shift into first, the dash still continues to show Neutral and the bike doesn't move.
3. Lots of hesitation below 4k rpm...as if the bike wants to stay still and not move.
4. Left fork is leaking, the fork seal is on its way from Italy.
5. Few days back, the kick stand switch failed and the bike did not start, had to tow it back home. Very frustrating for a new bike!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Good review and truly reflect the core issues of the bike. He says-
"An optional electronic module adds both wheelie control and a lean sensor to the bike’s standard traction control, so if you’re intimidated by a little headshake, get it."

What electronic module is he talking about?

Even though my bike's fuel mapping is much better now after getting the map update during first break-in service, it still needs some improvement. The issues that I am currently seeing are:
1. I frequently get Neutral when trying to upshift from first.
2. Sometimes after I start the bike and shift into first, the dash still continues to show Neutral and the bike doesn't move.
3. Lots of hesitation below 4k rpm...as if the bike wants to stay still and not move.
4. Left fork is leaking, the fork seal is on its way from Italy.
5. Few days back, the kick stand switch failed and the bike did not start, had to tow it back home. Very frustrating for a new bike!
I believe all the pre printed press packs still list the full electronics package which was to include the modules Costa mentions. Obviously who ever did the pre ride presentation, (if there was one) failed to mention that MV still have to perfect those options.
I honestly believe that the media got very little instruction before they were allowed to wail on the bikes. I’ve read several reviews now where the author, like in Costa’s case, didn’t seem to know about the 4 modes. Or if they did they were not instructed on how to switch from one to the other on the fly. It might have been by design, sorta like let them get a feeling for the bike in N before switching to S. But truly, I think some of them went out in R.

The mapping is still is not to my liking in N or S. As I mentioned in another thread, the mechanic set the C mode using the best of what was available. It’s not perfect but it is much better for the most part. I still get the odd surge, (feels like fuel starvation) in long sweeping right handers and she stubbles and jerks under 3500 rpm. She does like to rev and a couple of times, on empty roads in the wee small hours I’ve been able to enjoy a little of her promise.
It’s like massaging your lover’s upper measurements over top of her clothing. It may put you in the mood but you both know it could be so much better.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I personally am delighted with my bike. Rode it hard yesterday through the mountains for about 120 miles. She spent 110 of those miles between 9,000 and 15,000 rpm. The other 10 miles was at 25mph in 1st and 2nd gear. No problems what so ever. None. With the traction control on the bike will not wheelie so no module is needed for that. Frontend does get a lil light in hard transitions with gas at the lock. Sooooo much fun. It handles effortless, and squirts off the corner like your favorite dirty woman. Lol. I'm so pleased with my baby. Also seen 161mph indicated as I spanked 2 gsxr 600's, 1 gsxr 750 and 1 ducati 848 yesterday. This bike is truly a blast to ride and plenty fast to keep a smile on your face and keep your buddies jaws on the ground.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I turned 217 miles this afternoon and so far I'm having a great time. The only problem is a buzzy left mirror which the dealer said they'd take a look at or replace. I'm pretty much short shifting until I get a few more miles on the clock, but the sound of the motor is great. I find myself using any excuse to down-shift then rev it to hear the sound. I wish I could tuck behind the screen to listen a little better but it's too small.

The tranny is impressive. Up-shifts are smooth but the down-shifts are even better. You'd almost think there was a slipper clutch in there. Dash is, as everyone points out, pretty much to small to be informative, but it's nice to have the gear indicator.

So far it's been worth waiting for. I've even gotten a thumbs-up from a guy in a Porsche carrara.

Pjk

So

1 - 16 of 16 Posts