MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in urgent need of some parts to get my bike bake on the road, its an 05 1000. im not sure of the part numbers althought i can try to get, i need a steering stem, a screen, a tail section, a LH rear indicator, a tail light assembly, rear seat and a left handlebar. im in melb australia. ive been waiting for parts to come from italy for over eight weeks and im not coping well off my bike.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had a big accident in aug 05 and althought i didnt get off lightly the bike held up pretty good. i sustained a major pelvic fracture and the bike only had a steering stem brake and a few cosmetic blemishes but otherwise the frame, forks, subframe and swingarm held up great.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Yes. As Darth says, ebay is the place. On UK ebay at the moment there is a screen and indicators, in fact most of the bits you need. :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
ewoggle said:
i had a big accident in aug 05 and althought i didnt get off lightly the bike held up pretty good. i sustained a major pelvic fracture and the bike only had a steering stem brake and a few cosmetic blemishes but otherwise the frame, forks, subframe and swingarm held up great.
Hey Dude,

I think there are a few of us Aussies piecing F4's back together. I've come across some of the parts you need in my hunt.

steering stem (know of a Magnesium one for 600 Euro - email me) If it has had a hard hit to break it then make sure you check the sleeve in the headstock (fragile & >AUD$500)
screen message the seller - tinted or double bubble $100-130.
tail section + rear seat - guess you need a 1+1 tail given you need a rear seat? Might consider selling mine - email me
tail light assembly (I'll swap you for a clear alternatives one :toothless )
left handlebar US$55 if you buy it send me the handgrip :stickpoke

email me a pic of your tail plastic and pillion seat. Consider a swap.

Cheers
Al, Wollongong

·
Registered
96 Posts
ewoggle said:
im in urgent need of some parts to get my bike bake on the road, its an 05 1000. im not sure of the part numbers althought i can try to get, i need a steering stem, a screen, a tail section, a LH rear indicator, a tail light assembly, rear seat and a left handlebar. im in melb australia. ive been waiting for parts to come from italy for over eight weeks and im not coping well off my bike.
Damn man... sounds like the bike got smacked down! Make sure you join Shannons Insurance once she's back together... :toothless:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks..

big thanks to all that have posted replies, ive actually been checking out all the ebay stores world wide i go through about 390 or so item listings every couple of days and the screen from carbon sport is the only one ive seen, im probably going to grab it unless i found a cheaper option. A little bit of an interesting tale about my bike and accident, i initially bought my bike on the 18th AUG 05 and and rode it a four times in the first two weeks and this is where it gets rough.... on the 28th AUG 05 i took the bike out with a group of friends for a sunday ride and with 400km on the bike i ended the five hour ride with 940km on the odometer and a broken pelvis. the bike was only ten days old.. hasnt had its first service yet. i had bouthgt it for 33,000 on the road and spend 4500 on RG3 pipes, mid pipe, and a power commander. and ive sat watching it in my garage for the last five months. Cant wait much longer.. :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
I was thinking 940km in five hours was covering some ground ;)

If it makes you feel any better, you have ridden yours 940km more than I've ridden mine.

If you want new parts you can try 3 cross in the UK. Seemed to have stock of what I was after. Though, subract 17.5% VAT and add freight. No ETA from Feeney Group regarding your bits?

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
ewoggle said:
big thanks to all that have posted replies, ive actually been checking out all the ebay stores world wide i go through about 390 or so item listings every couple of days and the screen from carbon sport is the only one ive seen, im probably going to grab it unless i found a cheaper option. A little bit of an interesting tale about my bike and accident, i initially bought my bike on the 18th AUG 05 and and rode it a four times in the first two weeks and this is where it gets rough.... on the 28th AUG 05 i took the bike out with a group of friends for a sunday ride and with 400km on the bike i ended the five hour ride with 940km on the odometer and a broken pelvis. the bike was only ten days old.. hasnt had its first service yet. i had bouthgt it for 33,000 on the road and spend 4500 on RG3 pipes, mid pipe, and a power commander. and ive sat watching it in my garage for the last five months. Cant wait much longer.. :)

Sorry to hear that.

But my MV was just 250km when a f**** car crossed over in front of me and i went flying........... broke my right femur and wrist and after 4 surgerys and spending a year with a steel bar inside my femur i'm finally getting in shape again. :mad: :stickpoke

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im nearly there, the last three parts needed to get the bike together are 2 exhaust brakets/mountings, a front wheel axle and a bolt which is used on the front of the frame at the steering stem, part no. 800084915. if anyone has these parts please let me know asap so i can cancel their order from italy. thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
read all the reviews.

still swapping the 1000ie monster for an f4 1000 .pick it up tomorrow and i guess the telling is in the rideing.any hints on running in ? :toothless

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Jack! Welcome to mvagusta.net :)

If you would like to make your question more visible go ahead and start a new thread in the general area or the F4 area. Let us know when the swap is complete and be sure to post some pictures or submit to the registry!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts