MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying my luck here, as this bolt is back ordered at a few places. anyone have a rear sachs shock upper bolt and nut for sale (f3 800)? dont care if it's used. need one urgently. thanks!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Is that not just an ordinary Steel M8 bolt? You should be able to measure the appropriate length and get one at a hardware store as "knurl" suggests .. Try to get one that has a suitable length of unthreaded part. Maybe get a locknut to go with it ..

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
No its M10
you need an M10 x 45

The M10 on the stock bikes is a fine thread. M10 has 2 fine threads, 1.0 and 0.75mm pitch ideally you want an M10 x 1.0. Also make sure you don't get a fully threaded bolt, you want a unthreaded shank of around 35mm.

·
Registered
286 Posts
OK, I stand corrected .. (I sorta thought I would, it was just a guess) - M10 has a standard pitch of 1.5 mm, but 1.25 , 1.00 and even 0.75 are not uncommon, depending on application -- In this case it hardly matters if its 1.25 mm or 1.5 mm pitch (or 1.0 mm for that matter) The 1,5 mm pitch will be way the easiest to get locally -- Just get the corresponding (lock)nut and washers..

·
Registered
58 Posts
It looks like the same mount across the entire F3 based line-up.

Pricey for just the one part but there is one on Ebay in the UK

If you come up empty on a local hardware search - I may have one in a pile of hardware but I won't be able to check until Monday.

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
Fyi if op is in Canada like his location avatar states, first class shipping from USA will take weeks at the minimum. I have 4 packages Canuck bound sitting at customs because of this pandemic.

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
Great news man. I love it when a plan comes together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts