MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen I'm stranded here.
I installed a complete MV Agusta Corse Titanium exhaust to my brutale 750 yesterday.
Today I went on to exchange the Eprom to the MV Agusta Special parts eprom I got recently from my friend in Germany made by MV Agusta for my bike.
Now how the hell do I get here the old eprom out without destroying the ECU?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
You need to carefully pick the grey silicone gunge off with a nonconductive set of tweezers or similar. Once the grey gunge is off you can carefully ease the EPROM out ensuring you pull it evenly and out of the seating plate that the multi pins slot into. Take your time and ensure you have a static conductive table or bench. Fitting the replacement EPROM is easy as long as you make sure the pins are in line and gently press the eprominto the board.

jimboF4

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
The white bit you can see in the photo is just a plastic cover over the standard EPROM, it lifts off once the grey colour gunge is lifted away, seen a few, just a variant to the 1.6 ecu .
jimboF4

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jimbo I hope my finger nail is somewhat nonconductive.
I got the grey silicon peeled off and the white cover off.
With the plastic chip puller I got from my friend I pulled the old Eprom out.
Now my friend told me that is important to get the groove of the new Eprom in the right direction as the old one.
Well I hope I got this right since groove and groove aren't even remotely looking the same.
To push the little fucker in place, with the plastic chip puller, was than a game in patience.
So thank You guys for Your quick help.
I will go out now install everything again and hope the bike will do something delightful than.
I will let You know.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For Titanium lovers

Done Gents!
Here she is with the titanium exhaust after a short installation run down and up the mountain.
So this makes me really happy !
The sour note is that I broke the right hand blinker out of the CF rear fender of my F4.
You win and You loose.
I guess I have to write to Alex again in an urgent matter.

Attachments

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Done Gents!
Here she is with the titanium exhaust after a short installation run down and up the mountain.
So this makes me really happy !
The sour note is that I broke the right hand blinker out of the CF rear fender of my F4.
You win and You loose.
I guess I have to write to Alex again in an urgent matter.
Love this color combo, and the Ti welds. :yo:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts