MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
As i said i own my B3 2013 from 2 months and I was looking to upgrade the software ECU ( it was never upgraded before ) but before to do that i would like to ask you more info about this step.

My model is 2013 and i heard someone that would not recommend me to do it as will lose power and hp ... mahhh truly i don't know if true then there's someone already done The upgrade so I would like to ask if there was improvement or con after that?

Do you know which is The release date of The last update ECU ?

Thanks

Cheers

·
Registered
565 Posts
You will not lose power. You will gain driveability. The improvements have been done to fueling at the lower RPM's for the 3 cylinder bikes. The newest bikes that are euro 4 have a very slight reduction of power but only for the F3 as far as I've read.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The newest bikes that are euro 4 have a very slight reduction of power but only for the F3 as far as I've read.
Untrue, check the spec sheets .....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Interesting, i have a MV folder witch states 148 for the F3 800 euro4.....

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will not lose power. You will gain driveability. The improvements have been done to fueling at the lower RPM's for the 3 cylinder bikes. The newest bikes that are euro 4 have a very slight reduction of power but only for the F3 as far as I've read.
Dear airjawed thanks for your feedback... I read on some Italian forum that The latest updated made the Brutale engine more linear and not anymore "Brutal" so they regret to do that but they got a better response at lower RPM's . Truly I like the aggressive response of my B3 right now so I'm not sure yet to do an upgrade ...if there's someone that already upgraded and can share would be appreciated .

Thanks again

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello guys... Does anyone has upgraded B3 2014 ECU? Perhaps the link above is broken. I'll would like to know if that low throttle "exotic" behavior control has improved with some upgrade. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had the same experience with the sprag replacement and updated software. From a stop in first gear with low rpm,s has changed it’s not as quick as it was

·
Registered
877 Posts
That's because the map that limits max throttle at different RPM's has changed and the max allowable torque also changed. The aim by MV I assume is that it makes it more ridable for the 'average' user, whatever that is?

The only way around it as far as I know is to use the latest ROM's for the Sprag, but change and update the other maps to match the prior ROM's. It's then easy to get the aggressive nature back if that is what you want. Clearly your MV dealer can't do this, so you need someone who has or you need to get the ECU flashed by something like ECU Studio.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recommend to get ECU studio if you have difficulties finding a dealer or garage to flash the latest maps(roms) or charge you too much money for it. I have a brutale 800 from 2013 and it ran like sh*t between 2k and 4k rpm. I purchased ECU studio, and was able to try out all maps that MV released. It runs so nice now ? Not perfect, but like 90- 95% perfect. If you want 100% perfect you need a dyno to tune out the remaining 5-10%.
Cool thing is that with ECU studio you have control over everything, for example also the amount of throttle sensitivity for rain, normal and sport. I'm playing wit that now; I like a not so sensitive first 20-30% of the throttle so I'm adjusting the maps bit by bit to get to a point that I like - no dealer is going to do that for you unless you pay big.
I'm als thinking about getting a new 2-way quickshifter. Witj ECU studio I can configure that to work on both up and down shifts. No need to go back to the dealer to configure it for me. And again I have full control so if I want to adjust the timings of the quickshifter later on then just hook up ECU studio and change it.
Just drop me a message if you need more info about ECU studio! ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recommend to get ECU studio if you have difficulties finding a dealer or garage to flash the latest maps(roms) or charge you too much money for it. I have a brutale 800 from 2013 and it ran like sh*t between 2k and 4k rpm. I purchased ECU studio, and was able to try out all maps that MV released. It runs so nice now ? Not perfect, but like 90- 95% perfect. If you want 100% perfect you need a dyno to tune out the remaining 5-10%.
Cool thing is that with ECU studio you have control over everything, for example also the amount of throttle sensitivity for rain, normal and sport. I'm playing wit that now; I like a not so sensitive first 20-30% of the throttle so I'm adjusting the maps bit by bit to get to a point that I like - no dealer is going to do that for you unless you pay big.
I'm als thinking about getting a new 2-way quickshifter. Witj ECU studio I can configure that to work on both up and down shifts. No need to go back to the dealer to configure it for me. And again I have full control so if I want to adjust the timings of the quickshifter later on then just hook up ECU studio and change it.
Just drop me a message if you need more info about ECU studio! ?
Hi, thank you for your helpful reply.
In my case, I have no dealer to reach out. I'm in Brazil, MV Agusta has been here for a couple of years, but it has gone by 2016.
I really love this bike since it has been created. So, even without official dealers, I bought mine.
I use to doing everything by myself, likewise there is no dealers, there is no many reliable garages to ask for help.
I'll study about ECU studio, as I'm a electronic technician and software engineer, I hope I can manage to make some progress in this subject.

Cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts