MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw an interesting article in the latest Australian Motor Cycle News, quote, " MV is working on enabling its future customers to constantly benefit from enhanced Maps by downloading them directly to their bikes ECU via a smartphone app." can't wait for that.:yo:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Hopefully sooner than later. Costs me $700 in shipping everytime I need an update.

Jeez!!! That would be a deal breaker for me from buying an MV in the first place!

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Saw an interesting article in the latest Australian Motor Cycle News, quote, " MV is working on enabling its future customers to constantly benefit from enhanced Maps by downloading them directly to their bikes ECU via a smartphone app." can't wait for that.:yo:
I think I read that the Turismo Veloce will be the first bike with this feature. Regardless, it's well overdue from all car and motorcycle companies. Unfortunately, the one thing that prevents this is dealers objecting to the lost revenue of not getting bikes in the shop to find things to bill to the customer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hopefully it's something that will accommodate previously released models as well, like my 2013, and not just the new models henceforth into the future.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I think it would require a new ECU. The current one (I believe) includes the boot loader in the firmware download image, which means if the update fails, the ECU is effectively bricked. It won't boot and you can't go back to a known working map. That'd be far too risky for DIY remapping.

Si

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
?

how about they hire a real FI Engineer from the start......

before the sell the bike???????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.