MV Agusta Forum banner

Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

5K views 49 replies 10 participants last post by  theknurl 
#1 · (Edited)
We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site, in addition to the recently added mobile view in the last upgrade. This version has been designed to have a cleaner look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:

* This does not replace the free or paid in-apps that you have, such as any mobile apps. This is web-only.
* This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
* Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread url, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!​

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

The feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks!

Update:

A few of the new features that were added:

Completely replacing the PM system with one that better matches what members see in the desktop version.
A pull-to-refresh functionality has been added on all appropriate pages in addition to the refresh already available in the overflow menu.
A new scrolling feature has been added so that if the user starts scrolling the screen prior to an auto-scroll happening (like moving to a post per the current read position), the auto-scroll is cancelled so the user is not fighting with it.
There is now a font size preview in the Font Size settings page so the members would know what to expect.
Sticky topics can now be hidden from within the page where they are being viewed
The vote count on poll results has been animated to count up along with the bar graph animations that were already present.

Now on to some of the fixes we that have implemented:

After sharing a photo from the media viewer, the user will not be returned to the media viewer instead of the topic.
PMs will now be correctly marked as viewed and word-wrapped.
The forum will now work with iOS Safari if the user had opted to block all cookies.
Double-tapping buttons or links will no longer cause functionality to execute twice.
The text in the header is now re-sizing correctly when members are scrolling through the page or opening the side menu.

Please give this newly improved version of the mobile view a try and feel free to let us know what you think in the feedback thread.

Thank you.

See less See more
#5 ·
So a positive note first. I really like how media like picture links are handled and the ability to kind of scroll through a thread as well.

Downside is the layout is tougher. It takes more clicks to get to a forum compared to the non-mobile site since the sub forums aren't listed.

#6 ·
I don't like it at all. Is there an address where I can view it like I do on the cpu? Like removing the "m" for mobile in youtube? Really like the old way better.

Edit: Maybe I should read the whole post before replying. Thanks for the legacy option.
You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.
!

#7 ·
I usually go to see the latest posts and what I like here is that once you read a post, it doesn't disappear from the list when you go back, which is what happens on the Motorcycle.com app. However, here it takes you right back to the top of the listing instead of back to where you were. Any way to just go back to where you were in the listing I stayed of reloading the entire list and starting at the top?

#9 · (Edited)
Bugs.....

Really?

Motorola Droid Maxx Android 4.1.2

Opera Mini browser

NONE of my 5 SpeedDial MVAgusta.netpages work....

all I get is a stupid "Loading" message and it never loads

works with all my other Forums......

and the url is correct

thank you :wtf::wtf::wtf:

#11 ·
Opera Mini browser
Opera? We test four web sites with 5 Windows browsers, 2 OS/X browsers, and Safari and Chrome on iPhone and Android, respectively. Opera (Windows) is the most troublesome, though we've never even tried testing Opera mini on Android.

Noel, I guess you don't like Chrome on your Android.

#12 ·
Kevin;
Opera has always been my browser....

1st with:

tabbed browsing
mouse moves (right click and move right or left to go back or forward)
magic wand (remembering passwords)
voice to text
translators
totally configurable

never a popup

alphabetical bookmarks unlike Safari's retarded chronological ones

and now it doesn't work with MVAgusta.net........

works with everything else.......:naughty::naughty:

don't think its the browser

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

#13 ·
Kevin;
don't think its the browser

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
I agree it's probably not the browser. Likely the developer isn't testing the site against Opera, and thus it'll likely never work well with Opera. So, you could bookmark it in Chrome, create a widget on your phone for MVAgusta.net in Chrome, and open it there. Just a thought. :)

#15 ·
Admin;
if I type in www.mvagusta.net

it goes right to the home page

I can click on;
Gallery
Registry
Documents and FAQ
About

and it goes there

but if I click on Discussion Forum

all I get is "Loading" and it goes nowhere

and I never see the 3 white bars

:popcorn:

#19 ·
leave things alone

KM;
it's not the browser reread post #17

its retarded slow in Chrome with way too many BS links like 'dating bikers'

no thanks

in Firefox it randomly expands the pages so I can read them without glasses

text wrapping sort of works

why it expands one post and not the next ask the geeks

it was perfect until they TRIED to improve it....they should have left it alone

in Opera on my desktop I have ~40 pages on Speed Dial 1 click and I'm there....any page

I have far less on the smartphone........now the techs have changed something........the only thing I can't get to is the 'discussion forums'
on the phone by typing in the url.......all I get is "loading"

please go back to the way it was 2 weeks ago

#22 ·
Using the classic view was working fine on my mobile phone, now when I go to the website on my mobile it goes to the new view, I hit exit to the old view. It exits to the old view but then as soon as I click on user control panel it takes me back into the new view and I can't see my subscribed threads

#26 ·
still not working

Admin;
still doesn't work in Opera Mini, Mobile or Classic

all I get when trying to go to "discussion Forum" is "Loading" never goes there

Opera works perfectly on desktop...its the Classic view just like it was on my phone 2 weeks ago

using Firefox when you go to a thread some posts are enlarged some aren't they are very small, if I enlarge it so I can read the fine print the large print is so large there are only a few words on a line so I have to scroll sideways or pinch the screen.....
them expand it again with the next post

a PITA.... the ratio of the sizes is ~4:1
Firefox up dated 30 min ago no change

Chrome the display is OK but if I expand it, it doesn't text wrap so you must scroll sideways.......and its slower than slow

please go back to the previous format and codes so Opera will work

thanks

#27 ·
Admin;
still doesn't work in Opera Mini, Mobile or Classic

all I get when trying to go to "discussion Forum" is "Loading" never goes there

Opera works perfectly on desktop...its the Classic view just like it was on my phone 2 weeks ago

using Firefox when you go to a thread some posts are enlarged some aren't they are very small, if I enlarge it so I can read the fine print the large print is so large there are only a few words on a line so I have to scroll sideways or pinch the screen.....
them expand it again with the next post

a PITA.... the ratio of the sizes is ~4:1
Firefox up dated 30 min ago no change

Chrome the display is OK but if I expand it, it doesn't text wrap so you must scroll sideways.......and its slower than slow

please go back to the previous format and codes so Opera will work

thanks
What version of opera are you running? Can you see in your settings if there's an option for desktop view?

KN

#31 ·
The developers are adding something so that opera mini doesn't show the new skin at all bypassing the problem completely, I asked about the other two because they ran fine when I tested them on my Note.

Could be I have a newer version of Opera (I don't use it and installed it specifically for this test)

KN

#35 ·
still not working.......

KN;

what version of vBulletin are you using?

my other forums are on 4.2.2 with no issues

Firefox is back to random enlarging of posts?????

Opera Mobil works.......Mini doesn't but its way better/faster with all its

features like the text wrapping and enlargement that I can set to size

instead of spreading my fingers after every click......I'm old, I like that

feature :drummer::drummer:

#43 ·
KN;

you folks own another Forum i'm on "Garage Journal"

it doesn't work on my phone either

"Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited"

a tad out of date maybe?

:popcorn:
What mobile device, operating system and browser is this occurring on?

~Km, community support

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.