MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked it up tonight from GP Motorcyles for the 600 mile service (even though it had 1200).

Upgraded to new Arrow Stubby "full system" with Ferracci ECU....killed that O2 sensor bs.

If you haven't modded an 08 yet....I feel sorry for you, CUZ YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!!!!!

Throttle Response...WAY SMOOTHER!!!!!!!
Overall Sound.......Don't think I've heard anything quite f'n like it. WHOA!!!! F*ck the Baffle. Damn bike sounds better than a Ferrari, Porsche, Lam and F1 combined.

My 08 brute was dyno'd w/stock exhaust....121 ponies at the rear.
The other 06 Brute (sales guy's bike) with Stubby Slipon dyno'd for comparison.....also 121 (w/no electronic mods).

Mine dyno'd after ECU and Full System install (also w/BMC and Iridiums).....131 at the rear wheel.

Was it worth the money in upgrades? ABSOLUTELY......just the smoothening out of the throttle was huge. Also, when wrenching the sh*t out of it on I-5...seems the bar vibration decreased even more....maybe Arrow exhaust causes a cleaner resonating through the bike?

Thanks many bunches to German, Paul and Eraldo Ferracci for making an already insane bike that much more in-f'ing-sane.

It's quite fun to pull up next to cars at traffic lights and notice the expressions on people's faces.......huhhhhhhhh, wtf was that!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
This thread fails to deliver :cross: ... :laughing: joking of course.

PICS, PICS and more pics. :mouthwate

That sounds like a beautiful bike, although pics have been taken of the black/orange Brute, we want to see yours :stickpoke

Congrats on the purchase mate.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ape2Agusta said:
Just picked it up tonight from GP Motorcyles for the 600 mile service (even though it had 1200).

Upgraded to new Arrow Stubby "full system" with Ferracci ECU....killed that O2 sensor bs.

If you haven't modded an 08 yet....I feel sorry for you, CUZ YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!!!!!

Overall Sound.......Don't think I've heard anything quite f'n like it. WHOA!!!! F*ck the Baffle. Damn bike sounds better than a Ferrari, Porsche, Lam and F1 combined.

The bike was dyno'd w/stock exhaust....121 ponies at the rear.
The other 06 Brute (sales guy's bike) with Stubby Slipon dyno'd for comparison.....also 121 (w/no electronic mods).

Mine dyno'd after ECU and Full System install (also w/BMC and Iridiums).....131 at the rear wheel.

Was it worth the money in upgrades? ABSOLUTELY......just the smoothening out of the throttle was huge. Also, when wrenching the sh*t out of it on I-5...seems the bar vibration decreased even more....maybe Arrow exhaust causes a cleaner resonating through the bike?

Thanks many bunches to German, Paul and Eraldo Ferracci for making an already insane bike that much more in-f'ing-sane.

It's quite fun to pull up next to cars at traffic lights and notice the expressions on people's faces.......huhhhhhhhh, wtf was that!!!!!

Haha cool, Ape! I hear i will haveto do the electronic mods during this winter!
I am taking out mine without the baffle sometimes too, paying the price of some kind of temporary tinnitus after each such ride though:) Unfortunately all supercars stops challenging you when you arrive to a red light with this sound! Without exception they all need to make a left or right turn instead. Always. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ape2Agusta said:

The bike was dyno'd w/stock exhaust....121 ponies at the rear.

Wow..i stood next to your bike yesterday afternoon as it was put up on the dyno...holy shit even with the ear protection Paul gave Guss "Guss from MV" and myself it was still ear shattering...I think they also swapped out your airfilter..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I promise to post pics this weekend, possibly tomorrow if it clears up enough....it's raining here in the Diego

I thought my Aprilia Factory was loud (w/Tigcraft exhaust). The Brute tops the chart (w/o baffle). Makes a Jap bike sound like......
"gtf away from me, you suck".

John

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jfox said:
Wow..i stood next to your bike yesterday afternoon as it was put up on the dyno...holy shit even with the ear protection Paul gave Guss "Guss from MV" and myself it was still ear shattering...I think they also swapped out your airfilter..

That's hilarious....funny timing, I called Isaac as the dyno was revving down....then went revving back up.

Isaac states......."I can't hear what I'm saying"...then I state, "I'll call back, I can't hear what I'm saying".

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fellas, this is the best way I can compare Throttle experience after the mod.

Throttle now has a much smoother "roll-on", whereas before when stock...everything seemed "extremely herky jerky", hit a bump in the road, throttle upsets easier and also the engine braking was much more intense. Last night when testing it on I-5, I was "MUCH" happier with the throttle feel to the engine.

It seems the stock version of the bike was way too restricted (before mod) and now the motor feels totally opened up and breathing much better.

All in all, the bike is f'n way more responsive...less sensitive...and almost feels as clean (throttlewise) to my Factory Twin. It's now much easier to just cruise with.....then, hang on when you want to wrench it.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I would describe my throttle response improvements about the same after i got the full ti exhaust and a powercommander! No more herky jerky as you say and engine braking is less intense, making for a much smoother and relaxed ride!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
admin said:
I would describe my throttle response improvements about the same after i got the full ti exhaust and a powercommander! No more herky jerky as you say and engine braking is less intense, making for a much smoother and relaxed ride!

I believe it's unanimous....modified Brutes RULE!

Now it's time to adjust the suspension.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Guys, i'm new here but i read you for a while by now!
i also have an '08 orange Brutale 910S that i modified.
now is in the shop to get the last step, with the MV Corse Race ECU, BCM air filter, full titanium Ferracci exhaust (but i have the one with 2 canisters), full carbon kit and many other aftermarket parts!
the bike will be sick and i'm also very curious to see the difference on the dyno with the race ECU compared to the stock.
i will open a post as soon as i get the bike back (next fri) and will share with all of you my opinions, with all the pics.
i also own the sickest Buell you've ever seen, a fully customized XB12, where i already spent over $15,000 and on january will get back to the shop to receive the last lifting before Daytona (i wanna rock the "Rat Hole" this year!)!
see you soon for opinions and pics...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
hmmm
maybe i AM tiring of my 2007 racing 1/2 MV system exhaust
i have the PCIII/USB on board...
low-rpm throttle response SUCKS

there is ABSOLUTELY NO RPM between 1,150 and 2,300
nothing
like a light switch.... on/off
so...
pictures and words
i'll upgrade to the arrow system (though the MV racing cans ARE nice)
and new ECU IF they can make the bike better

i need to hear more

thanks in advance

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
515 Posts
I don't think they have a race ECU for the guys with 06 models. I think they would have to remap. From what I have read the 08 models have a different computer and injection set up.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
dave h said:
I don't think they have a race ECU for the guys with 06 models. I think they would have to remap. From what I have read the 08 models have a different computer and injection set up.
ah....
thanks for the info
mine is an '07 (sorry for my typo/which i have since fixed)

however....
the would still like to see if there is some improvement with which i can come up....

of course, the sound of my '07 with the MV 1/2 system (mid-pipe and cans) is quite nice

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
46 Posts
yes, the EURO3 models have the new Magneti Marelli ECU theat woks on closer loop and the O2 sensor.
the race ECU is good just on the EURO3 models...
but i think you can upload your bike and put the new ECU, you should also install the O2 sensor in the catalizer, but is not impossible...

·
Registered
33 Posts
i'm sorry i hope you dont mind if i ask on this thread.. i'm just kinda confused...

I read somewhere on this board that the 08's exhaust was like a one piece? or something and you can't change the exhaust or mufflers or something eh? is it one of those things where you have the change the whole system?

and also i thought they didn't offer aftermarket ECU's and all tuning had to be done with reflashing?

I'm looking into getting an 08 910r and i wanted to clear all that info up

thanks,

·
Registered
46 Posts
the '08 models have the pipe divided in 2 parts, no more 3 how it was in the pre-'08 models.
you can always change just the mufflers, but in that case you gotta keep the O2 sensor in the cat.
yes, there's a race ECU available, is an official MV Corse part. you can go on the MV official web site and check it out...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts