MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Wow quite the experience. I am sorry to hear about all of the bad luck you have been having with your great machine! Hopefully soon everything will be back to normal and you will be able to enjoy it-

Keep us updated!

·
Registered
37 Posts
ouch, i feel your pain buddy....

i havent had such bad luck yet on my mv, but i have had it 3 times in a row with my ducati monsters. the first one was accidentally ran over, the 2nd one was a limited capirex edition i had to wait 3 months for, and it arrived damaged from shipping, and the last one, another repli racer limited capirex ed. was dented and scratched on its way to me too. so i feel for ya, people need to learn that there is no margin for error on an italian bike, you just cant make mistakes, or be lazy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's no better at Casoli

When I purchased my 2005 F-4 blue / silver in March I put 490 miles on it and took it back to the dealer MotoFixx in Ct. I wanted them to do the first service and to have the stars of the wheels painted blue to match the fairing lower,the exhaust tips were to be anodized blue and the pipes were to be polished. I also wanted the air filter F by F sells and a blue chain installed. The wheels were sent to Casoli in Florida and off they went from there to Casoli's powdercoater. Why they were not painted as I asked we still dont know ?? The exhaust and tips also went to Casoli. From there they were sent to 2 different places-one to anodize the tips and one to polish the exhaust. This whole job was supposed to take 2 weeks-thats what it says on Casoli's web site. After 6 weeks and no wheels or exhaust here's what I find out-- Casoli did not like the job the powdercoater did and refused to pay. The powdercoater not wanting to go unpaid for work done decided to strip the wheels completely !! And returned them to Casoli stripped. MotoFixx realized a problem was brewing decided to placate me by offering me a set of loaner wheels. The owner Joel arranged this, I think to get the bike out of his shop after 6 weeks of sitting there. The wheels still in Florida were picked up by another powdercoater who says he cant do the job for the assigned price of $200 a wheel. He tells me of powdercoating in the bearing space and in the stars that will have to be cleansed and this will take 2 weeks and then he can powdercoat and paint. I tell Joel about this and he tells the guy send the wheels back-- now. The wheels arrive and are sent to a powder coater in Ct. When the wheels arrive at MotoFixx I dont want them. They dont look that good or bad I just have a bad taste and dont want them on my bike, I want a new set and dont care who pays-Casoli,Motofixx,the powdercoater--anybody !!! Joel calms me down and asks if I'll take the loaner set as my set. After much hemming and hawing I agree. I also would like to mention about the sidestand--yeah the one you think is down--it aint !! In the garage I move the bike and put the side stand down and it retracts on its own as I put the bike on the phantom side stand. The bike leans over and starts to fall but I dive underneath it and we crash to the floor. The tail has a very small scratch but no big deal. A week later in CVS parking lot, again I put the sidestand down and walk away. Before I get 1 step away I hear a sickening sound of plastic on asphalt. I pick up the bike and see the crank cover is gouged and there is a scratch on the fairing and the clutch levers ball end is broken off.Cagiva has Motofixx inspect the sidestand and its found to be working as intended. The thing is a piece of shit !!! The bike is great but stuff like this drives you CRAZY....KO...ps about the air filter it was finally sourced from F by F for the second service and I found the blue chain at E-K

·
Registered
975 Posts
mellotiracing, thanks for giving the link to my personal gallery with my "olds" replica!!
great work on your tamburini! here a picture of my sp 39/50!
http://mvf4sp01.monsite.wanadoo.fr

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts