MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, sorry i haven't been posting as much as i would have liked to, but since i got the SPR back, i've been doing nothing but riding with her :naughty: :naughty:

as far as the electrical problem went, there was a failure with the electrical harness. my bike still carried factory warranty so they replaced it no problem, and the bike is fine now...no problems whatsoever. so i'm a happy camper.

while she was over at Pro Italia, i had them do the 600 mile service, put on RG3's (decided the Motocorse weren't "financially" smart for me right now :laughing: ) Eprom, Fender Eliminator, and relocated the turn signals into the vents with the LED's....so when i picked her up, she was looking cleaner than ever.

these past few weekends i've been tearing it up on hwy 38 with her, and having a blast doing it. i'm going on another ride tomorrow morning with my buddy, and i'll be sure to take some pictures. :conveyer:

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Sounds like quite an update! Glad you got your electrical problem figured out.

What was that about the kids and stones from the other thread?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh man alvin.......alright i'll tell you about it.

I was riding to my friends house the other day, nice sunny day out just cruising around. i was riding up his street towards his house and i noticed two little kids standing at the edge of the road on my side....so i slowed down as i normally do to about 10 mph to make sure they don't run into my path. i notice each has his right hand up and they look as if they are about to wave to me..but NO each one throws a big F#@$%# rock in my direction. One rock misses my helmet, and the other hits me in the chest and rolls down my leathers unto my TANK!

so i slam on my brakes, i look behind me and the little PRICKS are running away...."oh hell no" i think to myself and do a "u-turn burn out" and chase them down all 4 houses down the street to their front door. i knock on the door and begin to tell the mother (who looked like someone from a hill-billy horror flick) what happened. She apologizes and insists that she'll take care of it.

Seemingly satisfied i hop back on my bike and ride to my buddies house who lives just seconds up the street. i tell him what happened and he points out that there is a scratch on my SPR's tank....not a huge scratch...but a scratch that wasn't there to begin with. i go back to the lady's house and point out that her little 6 year old sons just scratched up a 25,000.00 motorcycle...in which she replies "that doesn't cost that much asshole". i insist that we arrange someway for her to pay for it and she tells me that the scratch was already there. i was patient with the lady but since she kept insisting i WAS the liar...i called the local cops over.

The neighbor that lives across the street saw the whole thing happen and was witness to the events. His story matched exactly that of mine. The police officer took the report, took the pictures of bike, and proceeded to tell the lady that she was financially repsonsible for her children's actions. She tells the officer that she is renting the house she lives in, is on welfare supporting 5 kids.....no job....her boyfriend was just kicked out.......and all 5 of her kids have DIFFERENT last names.

Here's the kicker....there were numerous police reports already filed from these kids throwing rocks at people's windshields and cars....one of the 6 year olds already brought a gun to school (pellet gun) and threatened his teacher.

The police officer told me that i could either file a claim with my insurance and have them pursue her, or i could try to take her to small claims court. The thing is i dont know if i have the time or patience to go to court over something like this........i guess its one of those unfortunate events i suppose. :blah:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steptoe said:
Pirates Lair LEDs?

hmm not sure i just called pro italia and had them put them on.......didn't see the box they came in, just the end result.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Wow! I would have gone mad if that were me. A good thing that you brought the cops over to talk some sense into her. Really is a bummer that it happened to you and your SPR.:bawling:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
:shocker: :eek: :wtf:

That is an incredible story... I am glad that you got the cops involved, like you, I am glad that I got them involved because you need to be sure that you are protected legally. very lucky that you had a witness too.

I am sorry that your bike was scratched, it's a crazy world we live in.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Really sorry to hear that story about the kids with the rocks. Its really unfortunate for these kids because they obviously don't have a solid home. Hope the damages aren't too much to fix. I also commend you for your behavior.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's F'ed up! I'm sorry but that's just wrong! Similar thing happen to my g/f. She was lost (yea typical girl) and she pulled over in my truck to look at a map in the car, and some little punks began to toss "dirt bombs" at her. At first she didnt notice anything, till one hit the windshield and CRACK! Small little bullseye. She ran out and the little bastards ran in to their house. She called me, and I raced over. When no one answered the door, we called the cops. Sure enough when the cops go to the door, a lady opens up and say she was sleeping and she didnt her the 100 times we rang the door bell, but the one the cops rang she wakes up from (eh eh BS). To make a long story short, this wasnt the first time cops were called to her house for similar reasons, so the police very willingly gave us a report. I had my cousin who's a lawyer, write them a nice little letter, asking for the full cost to repair the windshield. Not even two days later, we got a check in the mail with a letter stating that her kids were sorry and that they have been punished. Raise hell and make her pay! Only way a parent like that will learn her lesson! I'm sorry to come out rude or like I dont care, but you can only take so much in this society.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Glad to hear it wasn't worse, maybe pursuing her would teach her a lesson but judging by her tribe it would appear that she doesn't catch on very quick and insurance over there is anything like here, this might cost you more with your premiums in the long run.

Good to see you've been out riding so much, I'm very jelous.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If that happened to me i'd have my lawyers hound her just to make her life miserable for a while.... and get an order to garnishee her welfare, just for some fun, but then again, I'm a real bastard ......

:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
DoctorMV said:
If that happened to me i'd have my lawyers hound her just to make her life miserable for a while....QUOTE]

Sounds like she's pretty f*cked up already...somehow, you just can't blame the kids ....
Good job for keepin' your cool Skip...a quality a lot of us could probably aspire to :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DoctorMV said:
If that happened to me i'd have my lawyers hound her just to make her life miserable for a while.... and get an order to garnishee her welfare, just for some fun, but then again, I'm a real bastard ......

:mad: :mad:

haha i thought about that, but to me the best thing would be for me to tie those kids to the fence in front of their house and throw rocks at them. :bash:

·
Registered
301 Posts
if they don't know what an MV is, chances are they are worried that some bikie gang is going to pay them a visit some night...... :naughty: (if only they knew :laughing: )

Doc

·
Registered
110 Posts
Working in child protection that scenario pretty much sums up about 90% of my clientele and is pretty indicative of the harmonious family dynamic and vigilant parenting just before we become involved and remove the kids so they may have some chance of getting a break in life.

Though I pity your scratched MV I do pity the poor teachers who have to sit at the receiving end of these "treasures" for a whole working week. Sometimes I think it's a cruel universal joke that it's easier to have kids then to have a licence.

Having worked some of the roughest parts of this state from Palm Island to Logan and Gold Coast it strikes me that families falling apart at the seams all show the same warning signs where ever you are.

Yet the apathy of the neighbours and community at large does little to respond it. You did the right thing by calling the cops and keeping your cool, hopefully they will call children's services once they realise the mother is only a parent by default rather then genuine interest, care and capacity.

You probably provided them with the most intense bit of personal interest they have had in week, pretty shitful if that is the only way your existence gets acknowledged hey.

I ride to escape all the emotional baggage and exhaustion of my work, its a true escape from it all.

The bikes just get more expensive as the work gets harder. I think I'll have to consider a career change if I ever come home with a Tambo.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yellow900 said:
Working in child protection that scenario pretty much sums up about 90% of my clientele and is pretty indicative of the harmonious family dynamic and vigilant parenting just before we become involved and remove the kids so they may have some chance of getting a break in life.

Though I pity your scratched MV I do pity the poor teachers who have to sit at the receiving end of these "treasures" for a whole working week. Sometimes I think it's a cruel universal joke that it's easier to have kids then to have a licence.

Having worked some of the roughest parts of this state from Palm Island to Logan and Gold Coast it strikes me that families falling apart at the seams all show the same warning signs where ever you are.

Yet the apathy of the neighbours and community at large does little to respond it. You did the right thing by calling the cops and keeping your cool, hopefully they will call children's services once they realise the mother is only a parent by default rather then genuine interest, care and capacity.

You probably provided them with the most intense bit of personal interest they have had in week, pretty shitful if that is the only way your existence gets acknowledged hey.

I ride to escape all the emotional baggage and exhaustion of my work, its a true escape from it all.

The bikes just get more expensive as the work gets harder. I think I'll have to consider a career change if I ever come home with a Tambo.
the officer that helped me out with the report also called CPS the next morning b/c he said the living conditions at that house were poorer than the childrens attitudes. "Absolutely disgusting, and unfit for children" he quoted.

i do feel badly for the children, i've always believed children are a product of their environment.

·
Registered
360 Posts
You handled it well. I would have been ropeable. Saying that I'm with Doc and a malicious bastard who is fed up with people blaming everyone else for their situation and then not doing anything about it. Get the authorities involved and get the kids away from someone who doesn't give a :eek:nthecan: so that they can have a real chance in life. If they're left where they are they'll simply graduate from throwing rocks to throwing bullets with about the same regard for other people and consequences.

My father grew up in a dirt poor neighbourhood in Sydney and was regularly beaten by an abusive father. Didn't stop himself from making something of himself. My mother's a teacher who's also worked in many of the roghest areas of Sydney and outback Northern Territory. Her experience sounds the same yellow900. Teach them that their actions have consequences and that they must be held responsible for the outcomes of their decisions.

The fact that you need a licence to fish but anyone can breed causes me great despair sometimes. Bloody $50 fine for not having a license..... :mad:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
yellow900 said:

Wow, that's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. I have a lot of respect for people doing jobs like that, I can't imagine myself doing it, I think I would get too depressed from it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts