MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Really excited for this. After giving this server a well deserved pat on the back, it's time to get us a new, more robust one. Now that i have a few gigs going on I can get us something better. It'll feature a lot of nice goodies to ensure speedy delivery and more security during potential hardware failures (for one, hardware RAID to mirror data- if one drive goes down, we won't see any downtime as we'll automatically switch to the other).

I'll slowly be prepping the server when it's online next week. Lots to do, but no rush as i'm going to run both simultaneously for the next month or so to ensure everything goes well. Hopefully we'll see minimal impact except for the actual swap itself (probably an hour or so of downtown sometime in the middle of the night).

Thanks!
Alvin

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The setup we have is perfectly fine. Linux systems, RAID setup, pretty standard for a decent server. They are located at a datacenter far from me in order to get the best connection and service around the clock (and protection, etc). They are dedicated servers that I have full control over.

·
Registered
403 Posts
This site is so slick and seemless, that sometimes it is easy to forget the hard work that Alvin puts into it. Thanks Alvin, for all that you do to make this a great site.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts