MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing really MV related, but I'm just completely excited about my upcoming trip to Europe. I've never been anywhere outside of the Western US so this trip is a huge deal to me.
We're hitting Dublin, Venice, Rome and then taking a cruise that hits Paris (Le Havre), La Coruna and Madiera. Sto imperando L'Italiano (I'm learning Italian) for the trip which is really fun and kind of makes the waiting go by quicker =).

One of the things I'm really looking forward to is drinking a Guinness in a real Irish pub, as small a thing as that sounds. I've been a huge Guinness fan for years and years, so their factory is a big thing on my list. I really wanted to see the MV factory, too, but apparently tours are closed for a while as they remodel =(.

I still need to book a train between Venice and Rome, but all of my other transportation and lodging stuff is paid for.

That's all. I just can't wait and wanted to share my excitement.

It's too bad that the dollar is hurting right now. I hope I can afford to eat while I'm out there =)

·
Registered
689 Posts
I've traveled a bit, but not nearly enough, and am jealous of Irish leg of your trip. I completely understand your eagerness to have a Guinness in a real Irish pub. Sometimes the small yet symbolic gestures are the most profound. I have some moments like that that have stuck in my mind and will stay there forever.

Don't waste money there, but don't worry about every cent. You're over there for the (worst case) trip of a lifetime, or (best case) first of many wonderful trips. The last thing you want is to come home with regrets over what you missed because it it was an extra few dollars.

If you avoid the tourist areas, you can get good food pretty reasonably.

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
The Guinness there willl taste a hell of a lot better then the Guinness you get in USA.:yo:

I'm jealous, too. Take me with you...I wish:friday:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Even the Guinness we get in Britain isn't a patch on the stuff you get in Ireland, you won't be disappointed. Have a great trip, I hope the weather is kind.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Have fun but watch out for the professional pick pockets in Rome at the tourist area. Europe is not as carefree as the states.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
lizzardo said:
Don't waste money there, but don't worry about every cent. You're over there for the (worst case) trip of a lifetime, or (best case) first of many wonderful trips. The last thing you want is to come home with regrets over what you missed because it it was an extra few dollars.
i'd have to agree with this.... one big thing is food.... just eat what you want, don't get too worried about costs adding up, if you spend it all at cheap (crappy) food joints, you'll miss most of europe....

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Bon voyage

Mate Europe is a blast for the first time! Just wait until you walk into St Peters basilica in Rome.
I swore loudly ,not just the first time I went inside also the second time I went ,through sheer awe.(dont do this as you tend to get alot of frowns)

Haven't been to Ireland,but of all the places I've been too, people still say that you must visit Ireland.Have a great and safe trip!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I went out drinking a couple of nights ago with a slip of a girl from Canada. Tiny little thing yet she drank 7 pints of Stella Artois ("Wife Beater"). It was her first time over here and she was determined to experience every aspect of English life, starting with our wonderful tradition of binge-drinking!

Si

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm about an hour away from Venice. It's gorgeous but very touristy and the prices reflect it. If you run into any issues in Italy feel free to look me up on here and enjoy the rest of Europe!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I envy you. The guinness thing is on the top of my list as well. We keep talking about going and then that thing called life seems to pull me in another direction. Cheers and have a great time, lots of pix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts