MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to only be able to post in this section, so please put it in the right section if this is not appropriate.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not that the bike needs it but I decided to upgrade the brakes on my 2006 f4 1000r, just to have something technical to play around with. So I started with buying Brembo M50 calipers and titanium(TiN coated) piston to replace the standard aluminum ones. Of course than you need the right MC to go with the calipers, and it looks nice to have the same clutch master. I ended up with going with Discacciati for both. And one thing leads to another, what will I use for reservoirs, that works nicely and looks good. I put some pictures of the parts below and will add while the project progresses.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I use Galespeed master cylinders for the brake and clutch and then just use standard Galespeed reservoirs for both. Brembo do similar, the only issue is making up a nice bracket to mount each to.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Excellent choices! I fitted the M50s on my 312R a few years ago and the difference over stock was amazing. Back then I didn't have any master cylinder options so I used the factory Panigale master cylinder that was paired with the M50 on the 1199. I purchased the RCS17 when it came out but I haven't even put them on yet. Let us know how big your smile is when done. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally have Everything installed on the bike, let me know what you think, i listed everything i have done to the bike here below:
-Discacciati Master brake cylinder and clutch.
-Brembo M50 Calipers with titanium, ventilated TiN coated pistons.
-Performance Triple clamp and central brakefluid reservoir for the clutch and brakemaster.
-ABM multi-Clip clip-ons, they are adjustable for height, angle of the clips etc.
-Puig handles.
-CNC clutch slave cylinder.
-Hel rvs brake-lines.
-Dot 5,1 brakefluid.
-See true connection lines from the reservoir to the two master-cylinders.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Took it out today for a little trip(around 80km) to test wat i had done, great brakes with loads of feel. Realy like the combo of the brembo M50 calipers with the Discacciati 16mm master, the ABM clip-ons also makes the ride a lot more comfortable, they raise the clip-ons by around 30mm.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Armano on my MV F4 !000R I have Discacciati red full floating front rotors. look great work well
How do you rate the Discaccati masters? I have tried /tested practically every brake or suspension brand on the Market in my superbike stable. Best Masters..Braking brand cam type masters power best feel best and cost only 265$ Brakes ....ISR.. Brembo race line performance cost roughly 50%. Suspension Nitron quality equal to ohlins cost 2/3 of Ohlins

Hope this helps Fellow Riders.... Jake

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Hi Jake,
I rate them very high, the combo of the 16mm diameter Discacciati master with the brembo M50 calipers gives you a combination of a lot of braking power(one ore two finger brake) with great feel. On my Brutale i have the Discacciati Calipers with Brembo RCS19 master also great combination, i must say i like the brand very much. They are good in the two area's i find important, quality of workmanship and they look great.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts