MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I swapped out the battery in the F4. Somewhat time consuming (first time doing it), but not at all complicated...except for this stupid little spring that goes on the hinge :jsm:

Could someone send me a close-up of how this thing is suppose to go back on? Trying to figure this out took almost as much time as swapping out the battery :thewife:

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Looks like you need to wind it around one more time.

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,332 Posts
For future reference,you do not remove the bolt you did.Remove the 2 seat pins,dissconnect the tailight plug to remove the tailpiece completely.Remove the 2 hex bolts on the other end of the bracket,where it bolts to the subframe.Then the centre fuel tank bolt and lift the tank slightly and the battery will come out at an angle.You have turned a very easy job into a frustrating one.I see you have fitted a Shorai battery,which are smaller so it will be easier next time anyway.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ micwhitt1....Perfect, just what I was looking for.
@mitchy....Figured there had to be an easier way, but at least the bike fires right up again. Now I know for the next time.

Not sure what most of would do without this forum....

·
Vendor
5,332 Posts
Never mind,it's all a learning curve.But if your not sure how to do something,always ask first for help.Lots of good instructors here.:yo:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For future reference,you do not remove the bolt you did.Remove the 2 seat pins,dissconnect the tailight plug to remove the tailpiece completely.Remove the 2 hex bolts on the other end of the bracket,where it bolts to the subframe.Then the centre fuel tank bolt and lift the tank slightly and the battery will come out at an angle.You have turned a very easy job into a frustrating one.I see you have fitted a Shorai battery,which are smaller so it will be easier next time anyway.
Mitchy,

I'm assuming you're referring to the two hex bolts located on either side of this bracket? If so, I tried this at first, but was unable to get my tool to fit due the bracket right below getting in the way.

If this is indeed the correct one, I'll try again next time so I won't bother the spring again...

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Pull the rubber (red arrows) off the pins (green arrow). Pull the pins (one on each side) out and lift the seat cowl. No need to take off the bracket.

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,332 Posts
Mitchy,

I'm assuming you're referring to the two hex bolts located on either side of this bracket? If so, I tried this at first, but was unable to get my tool to fit due the bracket right below getting in the way.

If this is indeed the correct one, I'll try again next time so I won't bother the spring again...
No,not those screws.Sorry,I havn't got a picture,but the 2x10mm hex head bolts right next to the fuel tank,with the fuel tank rear mounting bolt in the centre.They are the bolts I am talking about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts