MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Dang...I admire THAT guys passion. But, for me, how in the HELL didn't he think to make it radio controlled, so he could enjoy the final glory of watching his masterpiece tear up a parking lot somewhere?!?!?!

Thanks for the link, well invested 4 min and 35 sec.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
398 Posts
That is pretty crazy. 5 years!!! :jsm:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wow...unbelievable. First of all, I agree, he should have made it an RC car so it could be driven. Second, if he was going to build one on his own, why didn't he just build a full scale one so he could drive it? Third, the thing is really cool and you have to admire the guy's determination to get it done.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
why didn't he just build a full scale one so he could drive it?
Couldn't help wondering the same thing myself. If he had to design and manufacture each part himself, full-scale would surely have solved a lot of headaches.

I can imagine it, 10 years into the 15 year project it suddenly dawns on him to.. "Why didn't I build a real one!! Argh!"

Si

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hmmm ...
5 years in design, 12 years in construction.
Fully working 5 speed gear box (with reverse), dials, gauges & switches.
A fully redesigned & reconstructed flat 12 boxer motor ... that SOUNDS!!!!!!!! just like a 1:1 unit ... (drools)
I'm wondering whether or not Ferrari are going to put up the readies to purchase this wonderful "toy" ...
I can't help but say that this guy could well have turned it into an RC car ... but that would have taken away from the purity of it being a 1:3 scale replica.
At any rate it would be one hell of a Christmas present ... ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I thought the same thing about the full scale replica as well. If he is like anyone else I have ever read about or met when it comes to those things the response is always the same............................Anybody could have built it full scale that would have not been a challange at all!!!!!!!!!!

That is true passion and he has to have one hell of an understanding wife!!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
allias86 said:
ps:that man is a genius.he made the engine,the valves.that talent should be put to good use
Definitly so...Ferrari definitly needs to hit that man up.

Now the real question begs...does it run GOOD? Of course it runs, but if you could find somebody to drive it, would it drive like the real one? Both engine and chassis performance.

holy christ...that thing is crazy.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
that is madness.... One impressive toy thats for sure.

What is sad once Ferrari got wind of this, I have a feeling they probably sent hima nasty little letter something having to do with copyright laws...

·
Registered
379 Posts
It's a thin line between genius and insanity. This is genius. This is insanity. I think I heard that the guy has a wife and family. STILL HAS a wife and family.

Jeremy Clarkson(the interviewer), is a fantastically sarcastic/cynical, prickish kinda guy. He ALSO seemed dumbfounded. Lost for words. Something that has never before happened.

There is a generic term for these 'types' of people in the UK. 'Anoraks'. Generally speaking, 'Anoraks' go 'Trainspotting'(hence the movie title). 'Trainspotting' involves groups of 'enthuasiasts', gathering on railroad station platforms(wearing their 'Anoraks'), watching the comings and goings of Railway Locomotives, while writing in their spiral bound notebooks, the Engine type and the registration number of each of the thru-bound motive units.

This is usually done in the dead of Winter in sub-freezing conditions. I'M NOT EFF'IN KIDDING!

For summer vacations, the aforementioned 'Trainspotters' may venture farther afield and 'spot' 'Aircraft'. Hence and therefore, a few years ago a group of British Tourists that were spotting planes in Greece were arrested for espionage. They were released after the UK PM explained to the Greeks that '...their behavior was a uniquely harmless British cultural phenomenon,- and completely innocent....",- which it was.

Genius? Insanity? Obsessive? Compulsive?.......ALL of the above. BUT,- the end result is fucking incredible..... beyond belief... literally.

.....the FUCKING key even works????? No wonder Clarkson seemed most un-Clarkson.

QUESTION:

Who on this board could even come close to that level of obsessiveness??!!......hehe!

·
Registered
125 Posts
oicdn said:
If I had the resources/time...I think I could definitly fall into that catagory, lol.

Duo ... :crazyeyes

·
Registered
230 Posts
:jsm: Wow

I admire that guys passion and talent.

I believe he should have built a full scale model with all that time invested, but as he stated in the video, he wanted something he could put in his living room and a full scale model probably wouldn't fit :D

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
He should get out more :stickpoke Yes, I admire the skill and workmanship but at the end of the day what do you do with it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts