MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS MOTORCYCLE HAS NEVER BEEN CRASHED.This motorcycle needs mechanical work. I performed the valve shim adjustment myself and I am afraid it did not come out as well as I planned. The motor starts but I suspect the timing may be slightly off. This motorcycle is sold as is. The left fairing is missing a piece that is cosmetic in nature and does not affect the function of the fairing. I installed a new rear brake master cylinder, however I have not put brake fluid in it and it needs to be bleed. Also a mechanic installed the new rear tire, but he put it on backwards, so that also has to be fixed. The turn signals are not working. This motorcycle is for the enthusiast that either has enough money to take it to a EURO motorcycle shop IE Ducatii, Aprilia, MV Agusta. Or is the type pf motorcycle enthusiast that has the lifts, the tools, and the expertise to do the work themselves. Of which I am neither, and cannot afford to keep this motorcycle anymore. Local pick-up, unless delivery arguments are made by buyer. Motorcycle is on display next to Dairy Queen in Westbrook, CT if you want to pass by and have a look at it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Nice bike! Fellow CT resident here

·
Wing Nut
21,595 Posts
Hell of a deal !!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
He was supposed to be moving back to Puerto Rico this month. How have things been going, Jim? You doing alright?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi,
Thanks for asking. We are doing well given the circumstances.
I go back and forth on selling my MV. I don’t want a bunch of back and forth and haggling over the price. If someone has the cash and wants it they can buy it. The bike runs I love riding it and until the day someone says here’s the money sign over the title, Ill just keep her and work on her as I have done for the past 11 years. If you know MVs by now you know they require TLC and money. The older they get the more TLC and money they need. Again I am back in the money and TLC fase. So my answer is I Don’t know. PM me and we can discuss further. Ride safe!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I made the same mistake and had gp cycles here in san diego fix it for me. it was roughly $1800 to get it fixed. might help people who are interested

·
Registered
207 Posts
I tried to replace my oem tensioner and the timing slipped a tooth. Took it to gp cycles and they fixed the timing issue but also pretty much rebuilt the entire head as the previous owner didnt take very good care of it

Reactions: Midnicrow
1 - 16 of 16 Posts