MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't express how frustrated I am right now. Riding buddy is out of town so I will have to vent to you guys...

Picked up my 2006 910S a couple weeks ago. Its the first bike I've ever loved SOOO much. I think it goes with out saying why. Since then, it has been backed into by some drunk ass, tipping it over on its left side. I was in the store for just a second, and come out to find it with the rear signal broken, bar end scuffed, nothing too serious.

Just when this was starting to become a distant memory, I take the bike out to meet a freind for dinner last night. I park on the sidewalk (very wide) in front of the place, not too far from the valet podium. I do this cause I don't give a shit about the "rules," I just want out of the way from traffic and the sort. I want to avoid the tip over.

Ride home after a couple hours, and notice the head light is rattling something terrible. can't think of why, until this morning I go out to see what the problem is. Some EVIL 'person' (doesn't deserve to belong to the human race) tipped it over on the right side. This time the passenger peg is dinged, the FRAME is scrapped, shifter is marred, headlight popped out of its back thing, etc., etc.!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm trying to make peace with it. but in the mean time, I was hoping someone could tell me how to remove the air box inlets. the right side is all loose and saggy after the impact. looking under the ignition cover (also popped out of wack), the tank seems to be out of alignment on its rubber mount. Any help with the repair/inspection of these things is greatly appreciated.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to park this machine out of my sight again.

Sorry for the long winded post... :banghead:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about the mishaps... :(

This thread might be of help.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4358&highlight=tank

Basically, you remove the two side panels. One end pops out and then the other end slides. Underneath on each side is an adjustment bracket the pushes against the frame.

the inlets are connected undneath the tank as the photos in the post show. they are hard to get to. You'll have to lift the tank up a bit to adjust. Perhaps a tab broke off? You'll need to remove the cover near the ignition as well to move the tank.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Geez.... :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Jack. After getting the side covers off, I now see that both of the aluminum tank support brackets are broken. The lower part of the half circle that rests on the frame cross member is held on by the rubber isolator. what a bummer. It think it should be ok to ride though. (?)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sorry about your misfortune. Your story is maddening... almost as maddening as I felt when some bastard hit my dog and took off when I was 12 years old. :cussing: :bandit:

It's hard to believe people can be such a--holes. Not that it matters, but where are you from?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm thinking of going to the restraunt and speaking with the manager. I would like to know why the valet didn't tell me about the thing being tipped over. The whole thing is such a mystery to me.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was parked on Van Ness in front of House of Prime Rib. It almost looks like someone kicked it over. There was a black smudge on the tank wing on the oposite side of the fall, almost like a shoe mark. who knows.... thats a pretty wild theory.

·
Registered
330 Posts
wow man that's some bad news. I had a pretty bad laydown shortly after purchase of mine. post pics of the damage first off and I will take a look, secondly I have a pretty good parts hook up after spending a good amount on raw parts to fix my mess. I will tell them I wrecked it again and I am sure they will cut me as good a deal or better than last time. what is your insurance situation like? just remember even though it is "motorcycle art" its still a motorcycle and parts can be repaired. seems like a lot of folks scuff a part and its like its lots its virginity and myst be disposed of. Lets see what you got going on over there (pics). BTW, sleep with anyones wife lately ;-p

·
Registered
50 Posts
Check to see if they had video coverage of that area, a lot of places cover the foot paths as well outside their places now. Just a thought.
Clowns like that are more likely to do it again to the next one if they get away with it the last time, if know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Are you parking the bike in gear? In neutral potential to roll a bit. The other deal, parking on the sidewalk, do you think someone coulda got mad that you dared to park on the sidewalk. The other thing is someone just was ticked off that you've got a nice bike and wanted to spoil it for you.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
zvez said:
Are you parking the bike in gear? In neutral potential to roll a bit. The other deal, parking on the sidewalk, do you think someone coulda got mad that you dared to park on the sidewalk. The other thing is someone just was ticked off that you've got a nice bike and wanted to spoil it for you.
I believe you have hit the nail on the head. Some A**hole was angry that you thought your bike was so special you had to park it on the side walk. It sucks, but people are like that. Since they had a valet podium, did they have valet parking? could one of the valets been honked off that you grabbed special parking with out tipping them?

I feel bad about what happened. I know what I would do next time, but I hope there won't be a next time.

CAG

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
as you've said... i'm sure that your idea for the "special parking spot" angered more than a few folks.

you mentioned that you don't "give a shit about the rules"
well....
plenty of folks who are jealous of your possessions might "take issue" with that... as evidenced here

i know you live in california... where the gun rules are different
all of my friends LEGALLY CARRY... when we ride (though, difficult in full leathers, of couse)

they NEVER sit OUT OF EYESHOT of their bikes...
funny enough, one of my VERY GOOD FRIENDS... always asks the person who seats us to make sure that he can get a "clear shot of anyone who touches his bike"

she/he usually laughs.... but, we know he isn't kidding in the least

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, and yeah... people are a$$holes. They think that if they don't have something neither should you. Hearing your experiences has just shown me that even if I had the Cash for a C.c. I shouldn't/ wouldn't get it.

As for Greg, you and you Rambo buddies :bandit: :flamethro better be careful so that if they ever fall off their bikes, their guns don't go off, and shoot off their reproductive organs :nutkick: . Same goes for you and your scalpel / Chloraform

·
Registered
53 Posts
zvez said:
...do you think someone coulda got mad that you dared to park on the sidewalk....
+1
Go get a nice car and try to double park, and similiar results will follow. I'm not putting a blame on you in the least bit, but you gotta think like the bastards of the world who don't "give a shit about rules" less than you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts