MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so this week is Ulster Grand Prix bike week...with the racing on Thursday and Saturday...Michael Dunlop..,Guy Martin..,etc and I shall be up at it every evening..:mouthwate http://www.ulstergrandprix.net/

Tonight at the leisure center (about a mile from me) was a good display of classic bikes ..road bikes and classic race bikes from some very famous racers.

The road bike went on a cavalcade out of town and up round the course and back..only a few miles., but it was nice to see and hear them running.
I went along and took some photos for your enjoyment....:smoking:

If you know anything about real road racing...you'll recognise this stuff!. Tom Herron..Ray Mccullough.., Joey Dunlop..., Bill Ivy..etc.

I'll obviously take some more up at the course ..pits..riders etc and keep you up to speed (so to speak) as the week goes on.
Brian:)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
some more?

More:)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even more?..... That's enough for tonight!!:laughing:
Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Thank You for this great display. I really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice!

I was a spanner man for a superstock rider at the Ulster GP. Unfortunately I was there the only time it's been cancelled due to the rain. (It was that bad it was lifting manhole covers)

Have a great weeks racing and hope the weathers kind.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I'm glad you liked the 'Nostalgia'.......unfortunately the weather so far has been a little 'unkind' (typical after 5 weeks of sunshine!)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Thanks guys I'm glad you liked the 'Nostalgia'.......unfortunately the weather so far has been a little 'unkind' (typical after 5 weeks of sunshine!)
You're not joking, Brian!

Typically, after the roads opened this afternoon, it started to clear a bit!
I did a lap in the car about five o'clock, and it seemed raceable to me- wet, yes, but no standing water and consistant the whole way around- perfect for a full wet tyre.
The forecast for saturday is no better, unfortunately.:cry:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're not joking, Brian!

Typically, after the roads opened this afternoon, it started to clear a bit!
I did a lap in the car about five o'clock, and it seemed raceable to me- wet, yes, but no standing water and consistant the whole way around- perfect for a full wet tyre.
The forecast for saturday is no better, unfortunately.:cry:
Awful weather Stephen..not looking good for Saturday!...fingers crossed!
Here are the superbike practice results though....if the race is on Michael will be hard to catch!

Attachments

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Breathtaking - I'd like a time machine for Christmas this year thank you very much - I also know EXACTLY where I would heading :)

As always, brilliant Brian - I really do enjoy your work :yo:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Great day's racing Stephen..really enjoyed your company.
And the weather was unexpectedly much better and kinder than we all had anticipated...great spread of results for all the 'main men' and although there was one red flag ..,it was nothing 'major':).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/23738833

Here are a few shots of some of the 'action'.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Oh and here is a rather short (and shaky) video I took of Bruce Anstey doing a parade lap on the Britten.
He was to do two....and I had hoped to get a better one 'next time around'...but it wasn't to be.
And in my defense...he was going far too fast!!:laughing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQkBOk3eHy4&feature=youtu.be

But I'm really pleased to say I witnessed first hand a Britten being rode around the Ulster Grand Prix course by one of the worlds greatest 'Real' road racers!!...and the sound!!:mouthwate...great day!

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Loved the vid Brian but DEFINITELY do not give up your day job :laughing:

Great pics - thank you :yo: Wish I was there :) :)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Loved the vid Brian but DEFINITELY do not give up your day job :laughing:

Great pics - thank you :yo: Wish I was there :) :)
Rob...that is my day job:laughing::laughing: I'm a joiner and I hammer in nails with my camera!...I blame 'Bruce'..he wouldn't cooperate for a 2'nd take and as a result I can't get the funding for a sequel! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Great pics . I must get to Ireland some day and witness the action up close and in person.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Great pics . I must get to Ireland some day and witness the action up close and in person.
Yep...put it on your bucket list!...in the meantime there are two highlights programs of the race's (each one an hour long) tomorrow.., Monday 19th @ 10.35 pm and Tuesday 20th @ 10.35pm...BBC 1 NI (if you can get it in your neck of the woods)....don't miss it! It was a great day's racing!
http://www.realroadracing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=16659&sid=972b149c030010280ff29cc00bbf3870#p16659

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Brian .
Been to the Manx GP once and the TT a few times, but those Irish road races are something else!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Greetings from sunny Espana!
Thanks Brian for a great days craic and thanks also to Him Upstairs
for a great days racing- at about 8:30am I thought we were done for!

Anyway, got to go, don't want my beer to get warm !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts