MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you would ever get curious about how the weather is doing in Limey Land then this is a really cool link.

I use it all the time back home...and when I'm away it usually reminds me that winter in the Uk sucks as much as winter anywhere.

Wellesbourne Airfield in the midlands about 5 miles east of Stratford-upon - Avon was an Operational training unit in WW2 for Wellington Bomber crews and has a fair bit of history...Now it is an active GA airfield and has a great cafe frequented by many bikers..well worth a visit.

any way here is the weather station..and it is in real time..

http://www.wellesbourneairfield.com/weatherdisplay.html

joe

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Joe;
interesting display, never seen one like that thanks

·
Super Moderator
24,412 Posts
That is cool...reminds me of the displays we use in Nuclear Power for weather conditions if an accident were to occur.

Here, I just look out the window and, if I see this, I know bad weather i coming and I stay in:

Bad weather coming:
Sky Cloud Daytime Cumulus Blue

Really bad weather coming:
Sky Cloud Cumulus Tree Daytime

·
Super Moderator
24,412 Posts
...mostly up my arse!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I don't need no fancy weather station to tell me its wet and windy in the UK, the past 6 weeks I haven't even needed to look out of the window!

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I don't need no fancy weather station to tell me its wet and windy in the UK, the past 6 weeks I haven't even needed to look out of the window!
Yep! and working on a construction site...since Christmas (and before...every day) I've had at least the contents of a 'reservoir' down the neck of my shirt ......if this keeps up., I think the children here are gonna be born with 'webbed feet'!!!

WHERE is all this rain coming from?? it NEVER stops!:bawling:

I suppose when we get our fortnight of sun in the summer we'll get the customary 'hosepipe ban' from the local council!!
Good to know when I'm recovering from 'Trench Foot'!!!
Brian:)

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where does all the rain come from ..?

Well, Out here in the USA there is a lot of hot air...some spoken and a lot of it produced by motor vehicles.

This air kinda drifts in the direction of Manchester UK and en route it picks up a fair amount of wet stuff from the Grogg...
Whilst most of it falls over Ireland harmlessly and usefully for the production of Guinness, Jameson and Bushmills, a good deal escapes and then falls on the Middle Earth...Where I live (Warwickshire)... Now, this being the seat of world wide production of Jaguar cars, the heat from this crucible of manufacturing might causes the wet air to rise up again in a process called convection and the whole soggy lot drifts back over Ireland just to make sure they aren't going to dry out..Cuz God help us if ever the Irish truly dry out..lol

·
Super Moderator
24,412 Posts
An Irishman walked out of a bar...no, really, it COULD happen!:friday:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts