MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

junked in my 2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 last month and picked up a 2013 1078RR. It had 996 miles on the clock, managed another 500 before the rain started!

Jesus, what a bike. It has a HP Corse full titanium system and race ECU fitted. The noise, ow the noise. I'm sure it won't be long until the police offer me some advice on it!

Anyway, i look forward to learning more from you guys!

I have a MV Factory carbon swing arm cover and Steering Dampener on order but the factory are being very slow delivering the items!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
You just bought...., THE DADDY!!!.
Well done...., you did the right thing!

Merry Christmas and an adrenaline filled New year.
Brian.

·
Registered
820 Posts
You just bought...., THE DADDY!!!.
Well done...., you did the right thing!

Merry Christmas and an adrenaline filled New year.
Brian.
+1 on what Brian says! Welcome and enjoy. I have the full H.P. Corse and an Arrow system. H.P. Corse is a bit noisier and 'coarser' sounding but looks the bomb.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
513 Posts
Funny I have an 848 SF and now changing to MV

For me Ducati are going in wrong direction and have nothing I want to buy! SF is cool bike and I have done 17k. But front brakes are troublesome and I wanted a change :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi and welcome to the forum,

I'm interested what on the streetfighter, got you to start look for another bike?

Cheers Henrik
Hi Henrik.

I had the SF for two years and wanted to change. I loved it but having financed it over three years i could walk away or trade it in. I've never kept cars or bikes for longer than i needed so started to look around.

Nothing came close to the SF. The jap stuff just wasn't an option as i liked the way the SF needed to be ridden if that makes sense.

MV in Waterlooville have recently opened so i popped in to see what they had. That was my first mistake!

Three days later the Brutale was in the SF's place in the garage.

The bike has so many options (i forgot quick shifter too) that I couldn't say no.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
The best Brutale you could buy :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Congratulations, I've recently just bought a 1078rr as well, and I'm well chuffed with it. As Brian said.......It's the Daddy!!
Brute riders don't need a fairing to hide behind. :stickpoke

Dave.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Oh ,and watch your temp with that hp corso pipe.I saw a 1090 with it installed and he did not have the bike properly tuned,Basically his motor is stuffed ,warped head and fried ,no melted 1 coil because it was running so hot.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How about a video to hear the exhaust?
I'll get a suitable video up at some point. The only footage I have is from the test ride and its not for public viewing!

As for temps I'm planning on getting it dyno'd as although the dealer tells me they set it up (they run the 2014 British SuperStock season winner) for the exhaust I'd rather have the piece of mind. They tell me it hit around 170 bhp with the ecu tweaked!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I'll get a suitable video up at some point. The only footage I have is from the test ride and its not for public viewing!

As for temps I'm planning on getting it dyno'd as although the dealer tells me they set it up (they run the 2014 British SuperStock season winner) for the exhaust I'd rather have the piece of mind. They tell me it hit around 170 bhp with the ecu tweaked!
No offence and welcome to the forum but 170bhp from a brutale is utter rubbish. I've tuned and mapped loads and not one of them has ever exceeded 145 at the wheel on my dyno so even allowing for differences in dyno's 25bhp is a shed load out.

I supply and tune fully programmable ecu's for these and they are monstrous bikes, cracking chassis, fierce engine and top level componentary. Utterly mental bikes....................perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
No offence and welcome to the forum but 170bhp from a brutale is utter rubbish. I've tuned and mapped loads and not one of them has ever exceeded 145 at the wheel on my dyno so even allowing for differences in dyno's 25bhp is a shed load out.

I supply and tune fully programmable ecu's for these and they are monstrous bikes, cracking chassis, fierce engine and top level componentary. Utterly mental bikes....................perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can confirm X81's comments. He set up my bike (also a 1078RR), which I occasionally use for track days when not road riding. She is running the full HP Corse system with Microtec ECU set up by X-Bikes.

He will correct me if I am wrong, but my bike was putting out just over 140bhp at the wheel, but it is the tourque that matters to me! 170 bhp seems optimistic!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts