MV Agusta Forum banner

461 - 477 of 477 Posts

·
Administrator
18,860 Posts
OK boys....careful with the name calling. We aren't in grammar school anymore.

Unless it is all with good humor sarcasm, in which case carry on....those were pretty good. :moon:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
OK boys....careful with the name calling. We aren't in grammar school anymore.

Unless it is all with good humor sarcasm, in which case carry on....those were pretty good. :moon:

Don't you worry.

Wallace life obtains meaning and purpose through reactions like this one.
It desperately craved one from the moment I posted the humorous Clarkson clip.

Inspirational stuff, what can I say...

P.S.: I hope you notice and appreciate how respectfully gender neutral I am.

·
Registered
164 Posts
We don't get to hear that much about the UK election here in 'striya unless something fairly dramatic has happened, except the Farageo (pun intended) that is Brexit, which nicley offsets the silliness and spitefulness that is American politics.

Politics in the UK seems more mature than here, even the Tories have a greenhouse policy, and I understand that the UK went several days recently on renewable energy alone. Our PM took a lump of coal into parliament. The link below is a parody.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/entertainment/holy-shit-pm-dispels-widely-held-theory-that-you-cant-eat-coal-in-a-single-press-conference/

Initially I thought that Corbyn et al had done what Labor did here, prevaricate on policy rather then being firm and providing leadership. I know think that maybe their strategy is a good one: look at wining the election on the merits of their policies alone, and then have a referendum on Brexit, which would not alienate labour voters who want to leave the EU.

Nationalisation always gets the conservatives hopping and should energise the labour heartland. UK Labor seem to have pinched a number of Greens policies, like carbon neutral vehicles, which could help retain some of the younger left vote. Elon Musk will be pleased. I think this is something that Holland has already done, no petrol/diesel cars imported after 2030?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/23/labour-to-commit-to-big-increase-in-charging-points-for-electric-cars

Voting is compulsory in Aussie once you are 18, and elections are held on a Saturday, usually at schools. It has a casual almost party like atmosphere, becoming like a fete, sausage sizzles and raffles and what have you. Voluntary voting during a working week is just odd & seems structured to discourage workers from voting, pre-poll, postal and absentee voting aside.

To hell with the polls, I think Labour are in with a chance.

·
Registered
925 Posts
^^^ Red Bull have been spending wisely this year lol ^^^

·
Registered
219 Posts
I like Borrie better as the stunt performing clown a few years back....
bit scary that he is now the head man...

The other bloke doesn't inspire me either...

then again neither do any of the Oz ones.

Whatever happened to pollies we could at least (even if foolishly) believe in?
There just don't seem to be ANY....

·
Registered
53 Posts
as enjoyable it is watching everyone going crazy over that shit, it is time to have a decision and closure. The Brits have voted for a Brexit, so my 2 cents they should have it ASAP everyone has wasted already enough money entertaining a govt which can not make up their mind and come to a decision.

deal or no deal, 31st of Jan I hope its over.

cheers

mjvduc

·
Registered
217 Posts
annnnddd Labour is getting whooped 2 hours after I booked Feb flights to LHR. Now GBPUSD is at a whopping 1.34 smdh. Looks like Trump is def going to win 2020.

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is getting away from the topic of this thread but can someone from the USA explain what happens to a citizen if they have zero finance, no insurance and need medical assistance, i.e. they have cancer and need medical assistance. In UK we have NHS where all treatment is taken care of and no charge, what happens in the usa, could someone private message me or reply here and advise what happens in this instance.
You might have more luck asking this question over in the GPR thread, there is at least one sensible yank over there. And at least one old familiar face.

Anecdotally, everything I have ever heard about the US health, education and justice systems suggest that if you are not rich, you are on your own.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Labour always has to contend with the media and the bosses trying to protect their priviliges, and the charisma less shadow cabinet clearly did not help.

Remain tories were never going to vote Labour. It seems that many who have always voted Labour placed more importance on the rhetoric of soverignity and migration, and so, just in case Labour did win, & there was another referndum, and remain got up, they changed their vote.

The proof will be in the pudding. My bet is those Labour voters will seriously regret it. I have been wrong before.

What now? Maybe Borrie will try and get the old band back together, the British Empire, sorry Commonwealth. It would certainly make a formidable trading and economical bloc, assuming India would sign up. Oops, migration. A lot of geographical distance between most of the potential members though.

A free trade deal with the US? The yanks won't want to have their way with the NHS, they will want to put it to the sword. The sword of American pharma. They tried it on with Australia's public health system.

Scotland? The SNP party platform looks quite progressive. Good luck jocks.

·
Registered
14,220 Posts
?

You might have more luck asking this question over in the GPR thread, there is at least one sensible yank over there. And at least one old familiar face.

Anecdotally, everything I have ever heard about the US health, education and justice systems suggest that if you are not rich, you are on your own.
MacStrine;
I answered this question in post #455 of THIS thread.......Try paying attention :wink2:

·
Registered
210 Posts
MacStrine;
I answered this question in post #455 of THIS thread.......Try paying attention :wink2:
and what if "your not indigent" nor are you a veteran,

what would the situation be then,

I think this is what people are more concerned with.

461 - 477 of 477 Posts